The Student Room Group

Getting married after submitting an application

I've already submitted my Student Finance application and applied for the lowest maintenance loan based on my parent's income.

However, my partner has recently proposed to me and we plan on getting married and moving in together before the next academic year begins.

This would alter my household income (due to living in a different household) and make me eligible for a higher maintenance loan I think.

How can I change this on my application after it has been submitted? I am aware that I can submit a change of circumstances form, but specifically I'd like to reapply to get the larger maintenance loan.

1) Am I correct that being married and living with my partner would restult in me getting a higher maintenance loan?
2) If so, how do I go about submitting this?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by aeneas21
I've already submitted my Student Finance application and applied for the lowest maintenance loan based on my parent's income.

However, my partner has recently proposed to me and we plan on getting married and moving in together before the next academic year begins.

This would alter my household income (due to living in a different household) and make me eligible for a higher maintenance loan I think.

How can I change this on my application after it has been submitted? I am aware that I can submit a change of circumstances form, but specifically I'd like to reapply to get the larger maintenance loan.

1) Am I correct that being married and living with my partner would restult in me getting a higher maintenance loan?
2) If so, how do I go about submitting this?

Hi there,

If you're under 25, we can't use your partners income till you're married. If you're married before the start of the academic year, then your partner would complete the PFF2 Form found here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2324/ft/sfe_pff2_form_2324_o.pdf and upload this online in your account under the evidence upload option along with copy of your marriage certificate. Once reassessed and approved, we will then update your account and send your new paperwork to confirm your finance.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending