The Student Room Group

Why is it so easy to get an A* in aqa psychology?

I've been looking at the previous at past grade grade boundaries and apparently you only need around 70% for an A* in A2. Which seems ridiculously low logically. Am I missing something, or is the exam simply very hard? Can anyone explain?
You have an incredibly large amount of possible essays that could come up, throw that in with lots of nerves and only having 30 minutes per essay - it's a lot harder than it looks. Due to the nature of the exam, answers are very subjective and as such the marking can go either way depending on the examiner, which has been an issue in the past including this summer just gone.
Reply 2
I dont know if this will be of any help, but I did CIE A Level Psychology and the grade boundaries whilst were pretty low, I remember the paper being quite hard (although at first glance it didn't really seem very challenging until I started solving them under exam conditions)
I'm doing Edexcel psychology, and this year (A2) you only need 50/60 raw marks in unit 3 and 60/90 in unit 4 for an A* - so you can drop 40 raw marks and still get the top grade.. if you know the content inside and out you don't have to even attempt any of the three 12 mark essays and you've still got 4 marks to drop:colone:
AQA is now a linear course - by the time you sit your A2 exams, you'll have 2 years worth of information to remember.
The boundaries change yearly depending on the previous year.
I got a U in my mock, i swear its not easy :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending