The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Interview - Question

Hello,

I have an interview at the university (TV and Film) this coming Wednesday. I addition to the interview, there's also talks and tours - perhaps something more similar to an applicant day I'm assuming?

I live in Kent, which is obviously rather far from York, and so I'll be staying in a hotel the night before the interview.

Now, here's my problem. Do I bring a parent with me? Up until now, I've been very adamant that I'll be doing it all on my own (train, hotel, uni) - but having searched this forum, it seems that I'd be in the minority should I be alone. Is this true for York?

If any other applicants (or event students) could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I'm not daunted by doing it alone, but by the same account, I don't want to be the only one without a parent, as that'll mean I won't have anyone to talk to (the others will just be tied to their parents I'm sure).

You certainly don't have to bring a parent with you. Half the day you will be on your own anyway. I'm definitely bringing a parent with me though and everyone I know is too. Mostly for the transport and hotel organisation and stuff. There's no reason why you couldn't go alone.
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending