The Student Room Group

How to study effectively?

I am planning to start revising for the AS exams in May/June. Today was meant to be the first day and I was meant to do maths and chem. I got about half way through the exercise I planned to do, then realized it had been almost 2 hrs already. After I found out I started rushing because I was planning to do 1 hr of maths and then chem, which made me get incorrect answers.

I don't really know how to revise effectively as I only crammed for my gcse's. Any help is appreciated.
Have a look at the Pomodoro technique. :smile:
I think I can help out.

Don't set yourself time-related goals. Don't say 'I want to revise for X hours'. Set yourself content-related goals. For example, I have a standing goal that I will progress through 15 pages of my History textbook a day. In setting yourself content-related goals, you work more efficiently because you won't be thinking 'Just a little bit longer till I can stop', and you'll actually be able to measure what you've accomplished.
Reply 3
Original post by Black Rose
Have a look at the Pomodoro technique. :smile:

Original post by Abstract_Prism
I think I can help out.

Don't set yourself time-related goals. Don't say 'I want to revise for X hours'. Set yourself content-related goals. For example, I have a standing goal that I will progress through 15 pages of my History textbook a day. In setting yourself content-related goals, you work more efficiently because you won't be thinking 'Just a little bit longer till I can stop', and you'll actually be able to measure what you've accomplished.

Thank you both. I followed both what you said and I have already gone through 4 chapters of my book yesterday and today.
Original post by Shipreck
Thank you both. I followed both what you said and I have already gone through 4 chapters of my book yesterday and today.

That's great! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending