The Student Room Group

Avergaing a high 1st in second semester? 85%+

Hi so i just got my results for first term and my average is a mediocre 59%, in order to get a 2.1 overall for first year i need to average 61% for second term and in order to get a first i need to average 81% for second term.

I would love to finish with a first or at least 65% + but i was wondering whether anyone on here has ever average anything shockingly high? (85%+). I know where i went wrong (exam technique and lack of prep as all my coursework was strong 2.1s) so i'm going to rectify that this term hopefully but i was just wondering whether anyone who has ever got any exceptionally high firsts has any advice. I study psychology btw.

P.s. My goal for first year is a 2.1 anyways but its never wrong to aim for the best. Although I know a 2.1 is the most realsitic
I'd aim for a 2.1 Getting 85% is nearly unheard of in one module let alone averaging it...
Reply 2
Original post by Noodlzzz
I'd aim for a 2.1 Getting 85% is nearly unheard of in one module let alone averaging it...

Hmmm, fair enough. I'll work hard and by the grace of God get a decent 2.1. Thank God my first year doesn't count
I got several 85%s in single modules but on my course you got a level which was tied to a specific % i.e. low 1st 75%, mid 1st 85% and high 1st 95% and nothing in between, I only saw one 95% given out in 3 years so that made averaging 85% virtually impossible... I think I got the second highest average on my course and got like 74.5% average, the highest was like 75%... think an 85% average would be possible on a maths course or sometimes where you can get 100% if you get all the answers but in an essay based subject you'll never be getting perfect marks so that then means you can't make a single mistake!
It is do-able. I averaged 82% in my final year and got a few 95% in various statistic exams and biology essays/exams, but I did avoid as many social/waffley modules as I could.

Quick Reply

Latest