Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Unfortunately it looks like I am not going to get an offer for a physiotherapy undergraduate course form any of my chosen universities this year. I still want to do physiotherapy long term but I would prefer not to wait around an extra year to start studying. Is there any other courses that anyone would recommend that would have a good carry over to physiotherapy, which possibly I could study for a year and change over to physiotherapy in 2017? Or would it be more beneficial to try and get a physiotherapy assistant job in the NHS?

    Many thanks

    Still needing a bit of help?

    (Original post by BethCarey)
    Still needing a bit of help?
    im in the same position unfortunately. do you have any advice?

    You cannot do a course in another subject and then switch to physio, so rule that out.

    I would probably say your best bet is getting a physio rehab job for a year or two, but this doesn't guarantee you will get on a course. What is the reason that you didn't get into the courses this year around? Was it your interview, experience, application form etc etc? Work on that as a first preference.

    Also, something to bear in mind is that the NHS bursary scheme is coming to an end in August of next year which will make physio considerably more expensive to study. As per advice on the other thread, I would strongly suggest you don't run up 30k of debt just doing a 3 year degree you don't want to do. The Msc entry for physio is more competitive than the Bsc from all accounts and certainly isn't an easy route into the profession - i.e. there will be 1001 other people like you who have a relevant degree all fighting over 10 places...*

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.