The Student Room Group

...asking a friend out,

so I've been good friend with this girl for about five or six years, and even though I speak to her fairly often (she lives a few hours away so I can't see her all that regularly atm) lately I've spoken to her pretty frequently and have come to realise that I actually like her a fair amount. She's a great friend but it would be even better if it was more than that :redface:. It's hard to explain any signals she might be giving me but nonetheless I don't really want to keep this feeling locked up for so long.

she told me she liked me a few years ago and effectively asked me out, but I had to decline because she lived several hours away and at the time I wasn't in a position where i could travel to see her, aside from not being too much into her in the first place. Nonetheless, it didn't affect our friendship at all and I've remained great friends with her

Now it seems to be somewhat in reverse! So, with everything considered, should I just go for it? Or is there still some risks that are potentially damaging? We don't have any mutual friends, if that makes a different

Another issue is that I probably won't see her for 3 months (because of uni and all that), so if I ask her out, should I wait till then?
Has she had any relationships since she asked you out?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Has she had any relationships since she asked you out?

...none I don't think
Wait. So she lives several miles away, so you initially decided not to date her due to that fact, but now you've got feelings you want to date her?!

Dude... move on.
Reply 4
Original post by Brutum Fulmen
Wait. So she lives several miles away, so you initially decided not to date her due to that fact, but now you've got feelings you want to date her?!

Dude... move on.

Lol I don't see it as that great of an issue?

Perhaps I should clarify. I can't see her let's say, as much as my high shcool friends because they'll obviously live a bit closer but I wouldn't have a problem making the distance to see her. Is the distance really enough for me to move on? At the time the distance was a problem, now it's not -- Because of some circumstances I could not even see her even as a friend but since then I've seen her a few times more than that.

although
If I had liked her at the time then I probably would've made more of an effort)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending