The Student Room Group

First year law books

How much do first year LLB law students spend on books?
No idea, but be careful you dont go out and buy everything, unless you are comfortably off. Talk to a few second or third years aboyt what they found useful.
Go to the bookshop and see what books they are selling off or look at the notice board for your department as law students often sell off their books. be sure to get the latest edition (reading list will say).Upi wo;; need one text per core module, but what people study varies across LLB's
Reply 2
Okay thanks! One of the unis I'm considering is offering access to all of the books online so we don't need to buy them.
Original post by Tim_magee
Okay thanks! One of the unis I'm considering is offering access to all of the books online so we don't need to buy them.

I like a physical copy, but that is a nice bonus. I wouldnt let it influence your choice of uni though as thats hundreds of £s v a decision that involves tens of thousands of £s.
I don't think you actually need to buy books but that's just me. My library had a lot of books and many are available online through the e resources platform. Add in the lectures and articles and there isn't really a need for buying books, especially as the modules last only a term. However it could be helpful for example if you wanted to continue a certain module from 1-2nd year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending