The Student Room Group

Energy Engineering recommendation letters and IT course

I am going to study Computer Science at Master Degree level, but I already have recommendations, which are pretty much connected with my Bachelor Degree (Energy Engineering), there are some thoughts about my attitude, participation in previous studies, but not directly about IT skills (and unfortunately at the end there is mention which studies I am able to participate in as a Master Degree student). I can't change it, because they are already signed. I'm not gonna apply to the best unis, but that will be my drawback and maybe I shouldnt send it? But if I shouldnt send it to the uni office, I dont have any other recommendation letters. I got a plan first to finish MA in Computing and 2-3 years later come back to my BA faculty and study MA in Sustainable Energy or Mechanical Enginnering. If you ask me why I am not continuing BA, there are currently no jobs in this area in my country. I'm just gonna wait and think which branch of engineering will develop the most (but I will try to keep in touch with energy/mechanical area).
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Davidvia0
I am going to study Computer Science at Master Degree level, but I already have recommendations, which are pretty much connected with my Bachelor Degree (Energy Engineering), there are some thoughts about my attitude, participation in previous studies, but not directly about IT skills (and unfortunately at the end there is mention which studies I am able to participate in as a Master Degree student). I can't change it, because they are already signed. I'm not gonna apply to the best unis, but that will be my drawback and maybe I shouldnt send it? But if I shouldnt send it to the uni office, I dont have any other recommendation letters. I got a plan first to finish MA in Computing and 2-3 years later come back to my BA faculty and study MA in Sustainable Energy or Mechanical Enginnering. If you ask me why I am not continuing BA, there are currently no jobs in this area in my country. I'm just gonna wait and think which branch of engineering will develop the most (but I will try to keep in touch with energy/mechanical area).

If you are applying to UK universities, then they usually require the academic references to be submitted online directly to them- obviously double check with the unis you are applying for as it may vary, but generally what happens is they will request contact details of two referees in your application form and then email them themselves.
I'm assuming you're an international student and that your referees are following some kind of format for their references? As the poster above said, most UK unis will contact your referees directly and ask for refs but if they're happy to accept refs that you've submitted then you may want to consider contacting the unis you're interested in and finding out what they'd like to be included in your reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending