The Student Room Group

Muslims Only - Help me please?

Let this stay anon please.

I'm Muslim, and 18 years old. Around 2 years ago I stopped praying, I had doubts and stuff about the religion but I researched some more and some of those doubts were cleared. But I still haven't been practicing and every night the guilt in the back of my head eats me up. Its made me completely depressed and scared because I feel like God is mad at me but I also feel so ashamed and like I have no right to stand in front of him and repent now because I've done it so many times before but failed every time.

I lie to my parents saying I've prayed when I haven't as if not praying and doubting His existence wasn't enough and I know I'm digging a deeper and deeper hole for myself and I feel like I'm going to burn in Hell for all eternity. I feel like I'm doomed and I won't do well in life, I feel like I don't even have the right to be alive. I feel so depressed. I know it may seem irrational but that's how I feel, what should I do? Is there hope for me?
Original post by Anonymous
Let this stay anon please.

I'm Muslim, and 18 years old. Around 2 years ago I stopped praying, I had doubts and stuff about the religion but I researched some more and some of those doubts were cleared. But I still haven't been practicing and every night the guilt in the back of my head eats me up. Its made me completely depressed and scared because I feel like God is mad at me but I also feel so ashamed and like I have no right to stand in front of him and repent now because I've done it so many times before but failed every time.

I lie to my parents saying I've prayed when I haven't as if not praying and doubting His existence wasn't enough and I know I'm digging a deeper and deeper hole for myself and I feel like I'm going to burn in Hell for all eternity. I feel like I'm doomed and I won't do well in life, I feel like I don't even have the right to be alive. I feel so depressed. I know it may seem irrational but that's how I feel, what should I do? Is there hope for me?

stop feeling bad and start praying
and seek Allah for forgiveness - if you pray from your heart, he will definitely forgive your sins
:h:
Forgot about the past, and start fresh.
hey

no need to be depressed, faith goes up and down in peoples lifetime and its never too late to turn back to god.

you always have the right to stand before god, all he asks is that you only turn to him as this makes him the happiest, dont look back on your sins and allow them to prevent you from seeking him, this is the typical whispering of the devil

the fact that you turn toward god means that he has turned to you, your sins are insignificant in comparison to when you seek him, he will only be angry if you dont go towards him when you have sinned and have the opportunity to do so.

we all fail again and again throughout our whole life, me included (i feel like this a lot as well when ive just sinned so much and feel so ashamed, but i've learnt to never ever let it get to me and just continue to pray since you'll never ever break the cycle completely just get better at turning back to god once you sin) the key is to just keep god in mind and know that he is trying to help you in your journey toward him,

hope this helps
this is me as well.
exactly me, same situation except I am 17.
difference is it doesn't eat me up, but I do feel kind of depressed but I think that's unrelated.

I want to come back to Islam, but I don't feel anything inside, but I know that Allah exists.
I don't have any advice in all honestly and am therefore watching this thread to gain some, but you are not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending