The Student Room Group

Im stumped on how to display my references for dissertation

Anyone know how I should display my references. Currently I have my references displayed as footnotes at the bottom of the page whenever they appear. But since Iam also meant to do my bibliography as well. Am I meant to have my references only in the bibliography? in the footnotes section? or both?

My dissertation leader said in an earlier draft that i need to keep my references consistent but I think it was because I had some arranged in the wrong order.
Original post by DC-Complexity
Anyone know how I should display my references. Currently I have my references displayed as footnotes at the bottom of the page whenever they appear. But since Iam also meant to do my bibliography as well. Am I meant to have my references only in the bibliography? in the footnotes section? or both?

My dissertation leader said in an earlier draft that i need to keep my references consistent but I think it was because I had some arranged in the wrong order.

Your course handbook/dissertation module handbook or university library should be able to advise you on the referencing style you should be following.

Different universities and courses use different referencing guidelines so you need to meet the requirements for your course.

If you can't find the information then your subject librarian should be able to help - they're qualified to help with a lot more than reshelving books!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending