The Student Room Group

How far will an AS flop push me back?

I want to study chemistry at university, I am currently getting B/As in chemistry and biology and C/B in maths but I know if I work hard I can get at least a B in it. However, I made the mistake of taking psychology, I hate it so I'll be dropping it at the end of this year, the best I can hope to get from the exams is a C but it's more likely I get a D. I heard unis don't really care about the reformed AS levels but I am still unsure, does anyone care to give any more information?
Reply 1
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
I want to study chemistry at university, I am currently getting B/As in chemistry and biology and C/B in maths but I know if I work hard I can get at least a B in it. However, I made the mistake of taking psychology, I hate it so I'll be dropping it at the end of this year, the best I can hope to get from the exams is a C but it's more likely I get a D. I heard unis don't really care about the reformed AS levels but I am still unsure, does anyone care to give any more information?

Universities only look at 3 full alevels so not having an AS/having a bad grade in your AS is irrelevant.

I think the only University who care about an AS is UCL and they just want an AS pass (E)

Good luck.
I think the only problem that will cause is predicted grades as if you teachers predict you lower than the uni requirements might have a hard time getting in so see how your teachers base predicted grades and if its not how you like them show your teachers you might be capable of getting higher than predicted and make them predict you what you need
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending