The Student Room Group

Has anyone ever resat 2 A levels and got into med?

I would like to know your experiences and how it went. I am planning on resitting a B grade and if my remark doesn't come back successful then it's 2. Was extremely close to the A in both so kinda gutted.
Original post by Anonymous
I would like to know your experiences and how it went. I am planning on resitting a B grade and if my remark doesn't come back successful then it's 2. Was extremely close to the A in both so kinda gutted.

See https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/
Erm I haven't done this personally, but this dude from my chem class was resitting with my year. He resat maths and chem and was predicted A*s in both. He already had an A in Bio from last year. This guy was always top of my class and rarely flopped any tests. I know he got 3/4 med school offers and an offer from his backup-pharmacy. I don't know whether or not he ended up getting the grades he needed but he did definitely get offers and naturally if you meet the conditions given you're through! I hope this helps, even if I didn't personally do it.
Reply 3
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Erm I haven't done this personally, but this dude from my chem class was resitting with my year. He resat maths and chem and was predicted A*s in both. He already had an A in Bio from last year. This guy was always top of my class and rarely flopped any tests. I know he got 3/4 med school offers and an offer from his backup-pharmacy. I don't know whether or not he ended up getting the grades he needed but he did definitely get offers and naturally if you meet the conditions given you're through! I hope this helps, even if I didn't personally do it.

Thank you very much for sharing, that definitely gives me hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending