The Student Room Group

How should you start something serious with a girl?

I sort of spent my life just trying to have casual sex and I've had sex with like 30 people so far but I've had only 3 girlfriends. The longest being 4 months. Now that I want to start something serious I dont know how to. I have been trying for a whole year and nothing happens. I don't know where I go wrong? I'm always misunderstood for some reason and people think I just want sex whereas my intention are sincerely good. I want to find someone and be loyal and honest and kind to her. I know that this is not a counselling session but have any of you guys been through the same thing? Is there such a thing as boyfriend material? Do you know any books/articles that I could read? I have tried finding some dating advice but they all seem to be about how to shag random people in nightclubs but that's not really what I want. I'm really starting to feel like something's wrong with me :frown:
Umm the internet is not your friend mate. Everybody here is a virgin. Well 99 percent.
If your truly serious then take things slow as people say. If you have sex with them day one they will think its just a fling.
Original post by Personinsertname
If your truly serious then take things slow as people say. If you have sex with them day one they will think its just a fling.

it's not like that. I dont have sex the first day. I mean say a girl in uni, you see her in a lecture and you talk and exchange facebook, i dont quite know how to take it from there ...
Take things slow, get to them emotionally, take them on dates, give them a bit of space, don't rush into sex etc

If you avoid the emotional intimacy and just go for sex it's not surprising
Romantic love or a trap to expand the ventures of capitalism* as i call it. Is about mutual friendship. Both parties should participate. Interest in each others hobbies would be a first thing. Going out regularly with them etc. Though im a bad reference im just a idealistic kid with no girls. Advice from a kid though. Maybe the gods will pity yah and give you a serious relationship.
Yeah the poster above sort of touched on this, treat girls like you want something serious and be clear from the off that you're not after something casual.

Maybe change up where you're looking, obviously clubs / tinder aren't the best way. Have you tried online dating?
Romantic love or a trap to expand the ventures of capitalism* as i call it. Is about mutual friendship. Both parties should participate. Interest in each others hobbies would be a first thing. Going out regularly with them etc. Though im a bad reference im just a idealistic kid with no girls. Advice from a kid though. Maybe the gods will pity yah and give you a serious relationship.

Love can be a profitable enterprise
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
it's not like that. I dont have sex the first day. I mean say a girl in uni, you see her in a lecture and you talk and exchange facebook, i dont quite know how to take it from there ...

Ask to meet up, go on a few dates. Progressively spend more time with them.
Thanks for your replies guys. I know I shouldn't rush into sex but how should I connect emotionally? Like how should I behave? That's the bit I find difficult
Umm the internet is not your friend mate. Everybody here is a virgin. Well 99 percent.

:colone:
Talk about the near future with them. Not 6 months or years ahead. Like maybe a movie coming out soon that you both wanna watch. Establishing a defined flow or future can make it clearer for your partner in what your interested in. If you only use the present as a time reference they think it will be a just now thing.
Tell her from start you want a serious relationship.
Original post by Anonymous
Tell her from start you want a serious relationship.

it aint that simple. Why should I assume that she wants any sort of involvement with me? That'd put pressure on her if I told her i want to be with her you know
Slowly and with friendship just take each day as it comes and don't over think things to much x
get to know her better, and don't mention anything to do with sex. that'll come on it's own as the relationship progresses
Original post by TrotskyiteRebel
it aint that simple. Why should I assume that she wants any sort of involvement with me? That'd put pressure on her if I told her i want to be with her you know

Lol no not from start. When she agrees to go out with you and you are in a relationship.
Do not even mention sex and be kind and serious. You will soon know yourself what the girl wants slowly and when you reach thay stage of closeness then tell her about your feelings straight up to make things clear. And you will know from her reaction if she was ever serious. If she wants time gove her time but tell her you are serious and its not for a pass time. If you get what i mean lol. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending