The Student Room Group

How tightly will my offers be based on my AS results?

At worst my AS results could reasonably be AABC (blame a lack of revision up to now). I'm dropping the C and taking the other three next year. Would I be in with a chance of getting offers of A*AA or AAA based on AAB at A level?
Cheers.
Original post by kyledean99
At worst my AS results could reasonably be AABC (blame a lack of revision up to now). I'm dropping the C and taking the other three next year. Would I be in with a chance of getting offers of A*AA or AAA based on AAB at A level?
Cheers.

Quite possibly, depending on your GCSE's, AS subjects and university course choices. What are they? (Although try to get them up to AAAC or AABB, there's still quite a bit of time).
Cheers.

It is possible. Obviously try your best, but if you can't get higher than that then don't hesitate to apply for A*AA courses, if your application is strong otherwise. You probably will need your predictions to match the asking grade though. :smile:
If it helps i got BBC and got an offer of AAB.
Reply 4
Original post by sweeneyrod
Quite possibly, depending on your GCSE's, AS subjects and university course choices. What are they? (Although try to get them up to AAAC or AABB, there's still quite a bit of time).

I'm hoping to apply for economics.
My AS's are Politics (easy A), Law (easy A), Economics (challenging A) and History (Somewhere between A and C, God only knows). My GCSE's varied, A*AAABBBCC and erm, a G...
I am taking AS maths next year as well as A2 Law, Politics and Economics, and I'm chasing a few that are A*AA or AAA, and then Loughborough (AAB).
Don't suppose you happen to know if I need to mention my G?
Reply 5
Original post by Pheoa101
If it helps i got BBC and got an offer of AAB.

That's encouraging, thank you!
I'm hoping to apply for economics.
My AS's are Politics (easy A), Law (easy A), Economics (challenging A) and History (Somewhere between A and C, God only knows). My GCSE's varied, A*AAABBBCC and erm, a G...
I am taking AS maths next year as well as A2 Law, Politics and Economics, and I'm chasing a few that are A*AA or AAA, and then Loughborough (AAB).
Don't suppose you happen to know if I need to mention my G?

Yes, you do need to mention your G, but it won't make much of a difference (unless it is in an important subject like history (for you) or maths). Those are good A-level choices for some economics courses, but for more mathematical courses you probably need A2 maths, so research carefully. I think applying to 2 or 3 courses that require A*AA - AAA, and 2 or 3 that require AAB - ABB is a good idea.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending