The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

BSC Social Work Plymouth University Timetable

Hi can anyone give me a timetable of the current 2015/16 Social work degree timetable for Plymouth.
I just want a rough idea about what time I have to leave and what childcare (how early and late in the day) i need to arrange for my 2 children. I live about 2 hours away from the university so going to need to leave around 7am each day to get there for 9am.

I've spoken to the course lead who said I can phone back around the end of June for a 2016/17 timetable.

Many Thanks
Original post by SamiB1
Hi can anyone give me a timetable of the current 2015/16 Social work degree timetable for Plymouth.
I just want a rough idea about what time I have to leave and what childcare (how early and late in the day) i need to arrange for my 2 children. I live about 2 hours away from the university so going to need to leave around 7am each day to get there for 9am.

I've spoken to the course lead who said I can phone back around the end of June for a 2016/17 timetable.

Many Thanks

Hi SamiB1,

Thank you for getting in touch with your query and as a result, I have been in contact with a Faculty of Health and Human Sciences Programme Administrator to help you out :smile:

Here is her response:

"The current structure of the programme is as follows; three days of lectures in Stage One (currently Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), two days in Stage Two (Thursday and Friday) and three days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Friday) for six weeks in Stage Three. Across all three stages lectures can be scheduled between 9.00-18.00. We do not yet have the timetable for the 2016-17 academic year however while I do not envisage there to be too many changes to the current structure, there is no guarantee that the days will remain the same.

Students must also complete a minimum of 30 days of Practice Learning in Stage One, 70 days in Stage Two and 100 days in Stage Three which take place on non-university days although Stage Three also has a university-based teaching day every third week so it is very much a full-time course.

For the postgraduate programme it is slightly less straightforward as in Stage One lectures this year were originally scheduled Monday - Wednesday however this changed to Tuesday - Thursday part way through Term One then one Friday a month when students began their 70 days practice learning at the end of March (see attached).

Again lectures can be scheduled between 9.00-18.00. At this stage I have no information whether it will follow a similar structure next year as the final teaching timetable (for both programmes) is not actually due to be published until w/c 8th August.

For both programmes induction week will be w/c 19th September and the timetables for this will be posted on the welcome week site in due course.

I hope this helps, however if the student has any further queries they are welcome to contact us at [email protected]

Kind regards,
Jacqui"

I have also attached a copy of a timetable pdf that she has sent through as well for your reference.

I hope this information is of help to you - don't hesitate to get back in contact if you have any further questions or queries :smile:

Dale

@PlymUniApply
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending