The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

BSc Environmental Management and Technology

I have registered with the OU to start this part time 6 year course this October.
Nervous and excited.
I have been out of education for 16 years, and im going to attempt to start this without sitting an access module.

Is anyone here studying this course, or has studied it in the past?
I think it is the best suited Environment based degree from the OU, with regards to the sector I work in.

Here goes
Reply 1
Just started it this year and half way through the first module and enjoying it so far, workload hasn't been too bad but think S104 may be a different story next year.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Hi there
Good to get a reply from someone doing the same course.
Have you heard anything about attending field days, or tutorials or day classes further on down the line with this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by peldroed
Hi there
Good to get a reply from someone doing the same course.
Have you heard anything about attending field days, or tutorials or day classes further on down the line with this course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
haven't heard anything about field days, there has been the option to go along to tutorials which are held at various locations, but unfortunately work committments has meant I've had to make do with the online tutorials which are pretty good tbf.
Reply 4
And how many hours per week would you say your putting aside for study?
I take it your doing 6 year course, 60 credits per year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, now in my second year having done U116, S104, T213 and awaiting result for T219. Don't want to put you off but T219 was the worst module so far in that it was diabolically dull, tedious and the online only course materials painfully hard to work with. Couldn't recommend it really and have asked the OU why they can't offer a more practically focused course (ISO14001 etc) for those of us who work in industry and not for the European Environment Agency) on which this module seems to be based upon.

Quick Reply

Latest