The Student Room Group

Jealousy on social media

I have been with my current boyfriend was 4 months. A few weeks ago he started an argument with me over a picture I liked of a guy on social media. In retaliation he followed and liked photos of a girl on Instagram he hardly knew to 'prove a point'.

Being in a 3 year relationship prior to him I have never dealt with the issue of jealousy caused by social media.

Ever since he accused me of liking a guys photo saying I must find him attractive to like it. It has made me really paranoid about this girl that he followed on social media. I have never given a second thought before but after what he said to me it is eating me alive inside wondering if he's talking to her. All of a sudden she has started liking everything he posts on Facebook and so 'she must find him attractive'. I feel like his Planted a seed of doubt in my mind that was never there before.

I don't know what to do. Am I overreacting and should I tell him how I feel? It is eating me alive inside the thoughts of her and him.
Absolutely pathetic. I don't actually think he's done anything wrong and you certainly don't have anything to worry about, but just tell him to grow up and get over it and if he refuses to do that then leave him. Would you seriously want to stay in a relationship with someone as childish as that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah lol be straight with him tell him if he wants to be like that then you can find somebody better
Original post by pizzanomics
Absolutely pathetic. I don't actually think he's done anything wrong and you certainly don't have anything to worry about, but just tell him to grow up and get over it and if he refuses to do that then leave him. Would you seriously want to stay in a relationship with someone as childish as that?

I agree. He did apologise and say he realises he overreacted. He hasn't done it again since so it's still early days I suppose.

I just feel like if he didn't trust me for liking a photo on Social media does him liking a photo on social media have bad intentions otherwise he would never have started an argument with me over nothing.

I just want to put my mind to rest it's driving me mad as pathetic as it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending