Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, I was wondering if there's anyone who's done sociology who'd be able to help me in anyway, I'm very stuck I'm doing Mass Media and Crime and Deviance.

Basically, I understand the knowledge mainly, and know a fair few theorists (I hope!) but I can't seem to pick up marks in past papers and I don't know why My teacher is useless and basically won't help me, and he only gives me a mark on a piece of paper.

I've looked at the examiners reports, mark schemes etc but I really don't know how to do any better. I think my structure is letting me down, I asked my teacher to go through it with me and he basically said no

How do you structure 18 markers particularly on social groups? I just have no idea! I feel like I have no way of being able to get an A on this paper which I really need to get into uni (thankfully not to study sociology!).

Thanks for any help

Try using the PEEEL structure for each paragraph - normally 3 and a conclusion.

- Make the point you're going to talk about.
    - Explain what you mean by this.
    - Make an example.
    - Use evidence of a sociologist.
    - Make a however point (A03 marks)
    - Link back to the question.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.