The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

PLEASE HELP! Making up for having no (core) Science A-level?

I am working toward UCL Psychology BSc, and my A-levels consist of English Literature, Government, and Politics, Sociology and Psychology. (currently doing AS exams). I had chosen these subjects because I know for a fact that I would achieve As and A*s in them (which I bound to achieve) and I would rather be certain of that than to risk getting Bs and Cs in core sciences.

Out of all 4 the only one that is classed as a science at universities is Psychology, which is fine, but my GCSE core science grade was a C (and a B at additional) and UCL requires 2 Bs at GCSE Science.

I am on track to achieving 4 As this year. My personal statement is full of Psychology work-experience (including in a Psych department at Kings College, Neuroscience hospital and the UCL Psychology Summer School), but I worry so much about the GCSE situation.

To elaborate, I had contacted admissions, told them of my situation and he had said that it technically does not meet their requirements but "There is a chance that, if this is mitigated for at a higher level, we could waive the requirement, or view it as met by that higher qualification. ". What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that if I achieve all As at AS Level and achieve even higher at Alevel, then I could stand a chance?
Ask them what they mean!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by LenniesRabbit
I am working toward UCL Psychology BSc, and my A-levels consist of English Literature, Government, and Politics, Sociology and Psychology. (currently doing AS exams). I had chosen these subjects because I know for a fact that I would achieve As and A*s in them (which I bound to achieve) and I would rather be certain of that than to risk getting Bs and Cs in core sciences.

Out of all 4 the only one that is classed as a science at universities is Psychology, which is fine, but my GCSE core science grade was a C (and a B at additional) and UCL requires 2 Bs at GCSE Science.

I am on track to achieving 4 As this year. My personal statement is full of Psychology work-experience (including in a Psych department at Kings College, Neuroscience hospital and the UCL Psychology Summer School), but I worry so much about the GCSE situation.

To elaborate, I had contacted admissions, told them of my situation and he had said that it technically does not meet their requirements but "There is a chance that, if this is mitigated for at a higher level, we could waive the requirement, or view it as met by that higher qualification. ". What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that if I achieve all As at AS Level and achieve even higher at Alevel, then I could stand a chance?

I thought that meant to retake core science

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending