The Student Room Group

I have just been crying for two hours.

What is the longest you have cried for and why? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Probably on and off for around 45 mins.
Maybe half a day, on and off. It was the day my parents dropped me off at my uni accommodation in the second year. The first year/time it wasn't as bad :redface: but this time I guess I realised how much they'd done for me and helped me set up there etc. :moon:
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe half a day, on and off. It was the day my parents dropped me off at my uni accommodation in the second year. The first year/time it wasn't as bad :redface: but this time I guess I realised how much they'd done for me and helped me set up there etc. :moon:

You cried because your parents dropped you off at uni?1!?!

Lol cannot wait until you get into the real world. You are gonna be shark food.
Reply 4
Original post by Nidhoggr

Crying is an emotional release, it doesn't make someone weak or "shark food".:angry:

I think you only read or understood half of my post :tongue:

I don't see how you've come to that conclusion, but I'll let you know in a few years once I get into the 'real world'. :wink:
I would not be smiling about crying for 2 hours.
Reply 7
I don't even know what I was crying about now, lol. :colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by Clockrice
Crying is an emotional release, it doesn't make someone weak or "shark food".:angry:

Lol I bet your parents also gave you a medal when you came last place in the race.
Reply 9
Lol I bet your parents also gave you a medal when you came last place in the race.

No, I have never won anything in my life. Why do you think I am crying. :tongue:

I bet you never got any medals. :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by TreeFellOnMe
I would not be smiling about crying for 2 hours.

I keep things down inside me for weeks and months, crying is me emotionally releasing it. So I feel better after it.

I guess yours disowned you for it...
Reply 13
I cry in short bursts on the rare occasion that I do... I call it machine gun crying.
Reply 14

OMG you need to grow a heart Nidhoggr!
The most I cried was when I was 13 and I was leaving Canada and my family there after staying there the whole summer without my parents. I cried when I hugged everyone goodbye at the house, then all through the car journey to the airport, then at the airport, then on the plane, then I stopped for a bit, I saw my parents at heathrow and cried some more, then I cried when I got into the shower at home, and then I cried myself to sleep.

I actually cried the next day too because I missed everyone so much.

I would say it was a good 48 hours of crying XDD
(edited 7 years ago)

Spoiler

I cried a lot when my great grandma passed away. At times it seemed like, out of the whole family, I was the only one that was sobbing! People were just having normal conversations :redface:
I cried on and off for the entire day when i found out my dad had cancer :frown:
Original post by sameehaiqbal
I cried on and off for the entire day when i found out my dad had cancer :frown:

:hugs: it is one of the worst things in the world to hear. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest