The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MouseyBrown
Basically exactly how I feel. Okay generally, but worried about a couple of exams and really don't want to end up at my insurance.

Terrifying innit. I thought AS was bad...A2 is another level.

Right, like I'm trying to distract myself so much but everyday I just keep thinking about it all the time. Just wish we could all find out a lot sooner.

What's so bad with your insurance btw? Personally, I'd never insure somewhere where I wouldn't want to go, but that's just me.
Are you AS or A2?
AS
What subjects are you taking?
Maths, further maths, physics and economics
To which university are you hoping to go?
A good one
To study what?
Maths :biggrin:
What grades are required for your desired degree
A*A*A :frown:
What grades are you predicted?
AAAA (AS)
How did your exams go?
Pretty well
How are you feeling about results day?
Sh!tting my self lmaooo
Original post by lailapianai
Hey i would really appreciate feedback from everyone on TSR about the following issue:

For the October/November exam timetable i have noticed that CIE have placed several exams applying to all levels over very religious Jewish holidays. I would like to find out if anyone else has been affected by these exams as CIE dont seem bothered to help out with this issue. i would really appreciate if i could get assistance on this matter as i feel as though have been left alone to deal with an issue which i am sure others are also facing.

I look forward to your responses

Laila

Posted from TSR Mobile
imagine Ramadan and having to fast during your exams, religious events don't and shouldn't have ANY say on when exams should be just deal with it
I'm hoping for ABCD in my AS results😁
With regards to new AS level spec how do people think the grade boundaries will differ, especially for sciences as there are no more ISA's and it's also the first year of the new spec..
Reply 405
Had a total of 3 results day dreams last night :s-smilie: one good 2 bad.
Original post by Aph
Had a total of 3 results day dreams last night :s-smilie: one good 2 bad.

same , ive been getting dreams
I got my results two years ago but I still dream about A-Level results day (and they're usually not good ones) :tongue:
I missed out, I only got around 1 dream about results day at A-level, and so far have only had one for uni. :hide: both the frustrating ones where you don't see what you get.
(edited 7 years ago)
Had a dream that a got an A* in my biology which is weird considering I'm sure I flopped that first exam. Lol
Original post by MathsMPhys
With regards to new AS level spec how do people think the grade boundaries will differ, especially for sciences as there are no more ISA's and it's also the first year of the new spec..

Pretty sure they will be low. If you look at the boundaries for the 'old' spec, they were way lower in the few years that in recent years. So I guess the same will happen with the new specs.
Bit late to the party, but oh well...

Are you AS or A2?
A2
Psychology, Biology, Maths, AS Further Maths
Cambridge
To study what?
Psychology
A*AA
A*A*A*a
How did your exams go?
Mixed bag. Psych went great (but OCR can drop you to 3/15 for misinterpreting a question so....), bio was pretty good (50/50 on the A*). Maths and FM were going good until my last two exams, which were both terrible :redface: Probably missed the A* and the a there...
Uncomfortable. I've probably got the A* in Psych but it's not a safe subject to be relying on, and Bio could go either way...
Original post by MahuduElec
Right, like I'm trying to distract myself so much but everyday I just keep thinking about it all the time. Just wish we could all find out a lot sooner.

What's so bad with your insurance btw? Personally, I'd never insure somewhere where I wouldn't want to go, but that's just me.

Well it's not like I hate my insurance, which is Manchester. But insurance is second choice, and seeing as you have to insure somewhere, you kind of end up insuring somewhere ideally you don't want to go.
Original post by SeanFM
I missed out, I only got around 1 dream about results day at A-level, and so far have only had one for uni. :hide: both the frustrating ones where you don't see what you get.

I remember having one about a month ago and what happened was I got E's in everything and also was attached a letter from the exam board saying how they know i cheated by using ' model answers' and I was crying ...
Original post by MouseyBrown
Well it's not like I hate my insurance, which is Manchester. But insurance is second choice, and seeing as you have to insure somewhere, you kind of end up insuring somewhere ideally you don't want to go.

my insurance is manchester as well aha but I really loved it so I will be equally happy if i end up there
Original post by fefssdf
I remember having one about a month ago and what happened was I got E's in everything and also was attached a letter from the exam board saying how they know i cheated by using ' model answers' and I was crying ...

Well.. you did use model answers :tongue:

Just after the exam :lol:
Are you AS or A2?
A2
Biology, Chemistry and Maths (+ EPQ if anyone cares)
Cambridge
To study what?
Natural Sciences (Biological)
A*A*A :frown:
A*A*A* (A in EPQ)
How did your exams go?
Generally okay, I'm not really sure how to feel about them tbh. I messed up two maths units but I'm hoping my UMS from last year is high enough to scrape an A in maths (no A* :cry:)
I have a long list of unpleasant things I'd rather do than recieve my results :yes:
Original post by SeanFM
Well.. you did use model answers :tongue:

Just after the exam :lol:

I used my own model answers for psychology but that isn't exactly cheating... and yeh i have throughly examined all the maths model answers cause i have nothing better to do in my summer..
Reply 418
Original post by wania98
same , ive been getting dreams

I didn't get any for AS that I remember:s-smilie: but I must say results day nightmares are rather weird :tongue:
Original post by fefssdf
I used my own model answers for psychology but that isn't exactly cheating... and yeh i have throughly examined all the maths model answers cause i have nothing better to do in my summer..

Seriously, make the most of your summer :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest