The Student Room Group

Am i worrying over nothing or i"would this be annoying to most?

Do any of you have friends where it sometimes feels like they encroach a bit. I dont know if its me thats too petty but certain things annoy me. Ive known my uni friend about 2 years have been to her house to study etc basically we do help each other. We were supposed to meet at the library today as she wanted some books out and i needed to return some.

We met at 12 and she had her 5 year old son with her (shes in her 30's with 3 kids) and the library wouldnt let her in with him. So i said id wait with her son while she went to look at books. She asked if she could have my library card and pin in case she needed to get books out as she might be over her book limit. I gave it to her (but didnt really want to) and ive just hot home now and it says on my account shes taken 6 books out under my account.

Even though its no big deal the thought of it annoys me as she can be a bit lassie daisy with things and has had book fines in the past for not returning them. Its like it gives me an extra thing to worry about over summer as il have to keep checking my account. When i remind her she'l probably just tell me to renew them which leads to a situation where shel never end up returning them.

Is it me that worries too much should things like this not annoy me?
things like this should honestly not worry you. However, do you trust the person?
Reply 2
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
things like this should honestly not worry you. However, do you trust the person?

Ok, must be my type A personality lol. I guess i get more secretly annoyed than worried. Well I dont believe that she means to cause problems or anything but she is very forgetful and unreliable partly because shes got kids to look after. Like she loses things (shes lost a book of her own, her phone and some keys this year) She puts my stuff in her bag accidently due to rushing and not thinking. Its just how she is.
yea no need to worry about it mate. Ive done worse trust me. I gave someone my wallet before with £3500 in it. Nothing happened. So you are worrying too much
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
yea no need to worry about it mate. Ive done worse trust me. I gave someone my wallet before with £3500 in it. Nothing happened. So you are worrying too much

You have a lot of trust in people!! I applaud you!
Well, she's a good friend of yours ~ I'm sure if she does forget to return any, she'd be happy to pay the fines herself. :cute:
Original post by rubybrown1234
You have a lot of trust in people!! I applaud you!

mhm i do cuz i know nothing will happen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending