Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pocket money: Boys get 13% more than girls, survey finds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you thought the Feminists' claim of a "Gender Pay Gap" was bad enough, now a gap exists in pocket money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

"Halifax's annual pocket money survey, which involved more than 1,200 children and 575 parents, found on average children got £6.55 - the highest level since the credit crisis began in 2007.
    But while parents gave boys aged between eight and 15 an average of £6.93 a week, girls got £6.16."

Yet another "average"...

When will this stop?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It will stop when females produce more testosterone than men)

ReputationRep:
    May be this is to balance out the fact that men, for nearly four generations, have been paying 5 yrs longer than women for their pension even though men go on to die up to 7yrs earlier than women on average. What % does that work out?
    Or may be because women between 18 and 32 that haven't chosen to have kids earn 8% more than men same age without kids.
    Either way I'm sure it all works out in the end.

ReputationRep:
    But some family's might have many children and could be mostly girls are in these family's.

This could give them lower pocket money.

ReputationRep:
    This corresponds to the difference in size. Everyone knows that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes the BBC, biased when it comes to that sort of issue. Once you find a article from a major UK news website that isn't the Sun, the BBC, Daily Mail nor the Guardian then we'll talk.

Wait I realised that you were complaining never mind!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Roast)
    If you thought the Feminists' claim of a "Gender Pay Gap" was bad enough, now a gap exists in pocket money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

"Halifax's annual pocket money survey, which involved more than 1,200 children and 575 parents, found on average children got £6.55 - the highest level since the credit crisis began in 2007.
    But while parents gave boys aged between eight and 15 an average of £6.93 a week, girls got £6.16."

Yet another "average"...

When will this stop?
    I get jackshit, they can quit complaining

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My mum used to give me £1 a week till I was 15 years old.

I condemn this gender pay gap.

(Original post by shameful_burrito)
    It will stop when females produce more testosterone than men)
    Lmaooo what even???? :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrianMcEgg)
    Oh yes the BBC, biased when it comes to that sort of issue. Once you find a article from a major UK news website that isn't the Sun, the BBC, Daily Mail nor the Guardian then we'll talk.

Wait I realised that you were complaining never mind!
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    The Patriarchy is getting out of control.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.