The Student Room Group

Pocket money: Boys get 13% more than girls, survey finds

If you thought the Feminists' claim of a "Gender Pay Gap" was bad enough, now a gap exists in pocket money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

"Halifax's annual pocket money survey, which involved more than 1,200 children and 575 parents, found on average children got £6.55 - the highest level since the credit crisis began in 2007.
But while parents gave boys aged between eight and 15 an average of £6.93 a week, girls got £6.16."

Yet another "average"...

When will this stop?
May be this is to balance out the fact that men, for nearly four generations, have been paying 5 yrs longer than women for their pension even though men go on to die up to 7yrs earlier than women on average. What % does that work out?
Or may be because women between 18 and 32 that haven't chosen to have kids earn 8% more than men same age without kids.
Either way I'm sure it all works out in the end. :smile:
But some family's might have many children and could be mostly girls are in these family's.

This could give them lower pocket money.
This corresponds to the difference in size. Everyone knows that.
Oh yes the BBC, biased when it comes to that sort of issue. Once you find a article from a major UK news website that isn't the Sun, the BBC, Daily Mail nor the Guardian then we'll talk.

Wait I realised that you were complaining never mind!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by The Roast
If you thought the Feminists' claim of a "Gender Pay Gap" was bad enough, now a gap exists in pocket money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

"Halifax's annual pocket money survey, which involved more than 1,200 children and 575 parents, found on average children got £6.55 - the highest level since the credit crisis began in 2007.
But while parents gave boys aged between eight and 15 an average of £6.93 a week, girls got £6.16."

Yet another "average"...

When will this stop?

I get jackshit, they can quit complaining

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum used to give me £1 a week till I was 15 years old.

I condemn this gender pay gap.

Lmaooo what even???? :toofunny:
Reply 7
Original post by BrianMcEgg
Oh yes the BBC, biased when it comes to that sort of issue. Once you find a article from a major UK news website that isn't the Sun, the BBC, Daily Mail nor the Guardian then we'll talk.

Wait I realised that you were complaining never mind!

:toofunny:
The Patriarchy is getting out of control.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending