The Student Room Group

Predicted grades lower than entry requirements

Hi. having just finished my exams I think I did well in RE and Psychology but i pretty sure i did really bad in Biology and Chemistry (all AQA). I think my predicted grades will be A- RE or Psychology, B Biology and B for chemistry. I'd like to go into Medicine or Psychology or maybe a science related degree however entry requirements are AAA so my predicted grades are lower. Will universities still accept me? If I turn out getting AAA in A2, will Unis who may have previously rejected me, accept me?
Original post by zakattak
Hi. having just finished my exams I think I did well in RE and Psychology but i pretty sure i did really bad in Biology and Chemistry (all AQA). I think my predicted grades will be A- RE or Psychology, B Biology and B for chemistry. I'd like to go into Medicine or Psychology or maybe a science related degree however entry requirements are AAA so my predicted grades are lower. Will universities still accept me? If I turn out getting AAA in A2, will Unis who may have previously rejected me, accept me?

You will need AAA predictions for medicine, so that's a non-starter, I'm afraid. If you get AAA at A2, you could apply during a gap year. You might have more flexibility with psychology or other sciences.

Medical schools in particular will be extremely unhappy with Bs in chemistry (the key subject for them) and biology.

If you end up getting better then your predicted grades then you can go through adjustment (but not for medicine) or take a gap year and apply for the following year.
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Medical schools in particular will be extremely unhappy with Bs in chemistry (the key subject for them) and biology.

If you end up getting better then your predicted grades then you can go through adjustment (but not for medicine) or take a gap year and apply for the following year.

yeah i thought so
Reply 4
yeah i thought so

BTW there's no disadvantage applying post A-level. In fact it can make you a stronger candidate as you will have known grades and you can do more relevant work, etc in the gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
BTW there's no disadvantage applying post A-level. In fact it can make you a stronger candidate as you will have known grades and you can do more relevant work, etc in the gap year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much. What are you doing btw if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 6
Thanks so much. What are you doing btw if you don't mind me asking?

I'm not a student. I'm a parent :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending