The Student Room Group

How are my A level choices?

I plan on picking History, English Literature, Economics and Government and Politics at A level. I am thinking of doing a Law, Economics or a Finance and Accounting degree.

Will these choices earn me a place at a Russel group university? I am not really looking at Oxbridge here but a university with a good reputation. I heard you need A level Maths for Economics and Finance and Accounting degrees but I hate the subject and will be lucky to scrap a B at GCSE.
Those subjects sound fine for a Law degree, however A Level Maths is often required for Economics and Accounting and Finance degrees, so you may want to rethink those degree options if you don't plan on taking A Level Maths
Reply 2
Original post by Leviathan1741
Those subjects sound fine for a Law degree, however A Level Maths is often required for Economics and Accounting and Finance degrees, so you may want to rethink those degree options if you don't plan on taking A Level Maths

Do I only need A level Maths or Further Maths as well?
Original post by Tinka99

I think that for most universities A Level Maths would be sufficient
Original post by Tinka99

I *think* you only need further maths if you're going into maths or engineering.
Don't quote me on that, but that's what I've heard. I'd agree though, swap out economics or gov+ pol for maths if you're looking at accounting or something.

Quick Reply

Latest