The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ML8020
Calm down guys... I applied with predicted grades A*A*A*A* and it still took them 4 weeks to give me an offer for MEng Chem Eng, which is an AAA course. If your predicted grades are lower then I assume it will take more time for them to respond as there will be more applicants with similar grades.

Don't worry, the offers will eventually come.:smile:

I'm predicted A*A*A*
And for the MENG course as well
The wait is just unbearable😤😤

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would anyone have any idea if I'm likely to receive an unconditional offer from either birmingham or bath if I already hold unconditionals for loughborough, nottingham and surrey? Im already have A*AB confirmed in maths chem and fmaths and took a year out to redo fmaths but am getting pretty overwhelmed with these unconditionals since they all require all As XD
Original post by pusha a
Would anyone have any idea if I'm likely to receive an unconditional offer from either birmingham or bath if I already hold unconditionals for loughborough, nottingham and surrey? Im already have A*AB confirmed in maths chem and fmaths and took a year out to redo fmaths but am getting pretty overwhelmed with these unconditionals since they all require all As XD

you'll either receive an uncon or a rejection lol
Original post by pusha a

You did specific you are going to retake Further Maths right? Birmingham and Bath both have requirements of A*AA and A*AB probably will not be enough to gain you an offer.
I think they are likely to give you a conditional offer of A in Further Maths, but unlikely for an unconditional.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lai812matthew
you'll either receive an uncon or a rejection lol

It could be a conditional offer? A in further maths?
Original post by OfficialChemist
my g doing it big and that, where else u applied?

Cambridge
Imperial ( rejected by the pri***)
UCL
Bath
Original post by Johncenaofficial
I'm predicted A*A*A*
And for the MENG course as well
The wait is just unbearable😤😤

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cough* NERD
Original post by timster32

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for so all this revision means something haha
Original post by jneill
Perhaps, but there's not much actual chemistry (or biology) in chemeng...

Original post by Smack
I think the main reason you'd want to study [discipline] engineering is because you want to be a [discipline] engineer. A natural sciences or dedicated chemistry/biology degree would provide a far more solid education with respect to those natural sciences.

very true but imho chemical engineering can still lead into being more bio or chemistry focused. Guys off my course have gone into lab environments just because atm there is no traditional chemical engineering jobs going. You can be mech eng graduate and become a process engineer, you can't be a chem eng grad and be a mechanical engineer. sad truth.
Reply 989
Manchester interviewees, I'm at a hotel in Manchester, got my interview tomorrow- Will it even help to prepare for it?
Original post by Nc1999
Manchester interviewees, I'm at a hotel in Manchester, got my interview tomorrow- Will it even help to prepare for it?

Oh god, i have my next week....

What were your predicted grades and your AS if you dont mind saying lol
Original post by timster32

but he already meet the minimum grade requirements
Original post by lai812matthew
but he already meet the minimum grade requirements

He doesn't because he has a B in further maths and the entry requirements are a minimum of an A grade in each of the three subjects.
Anyone got offers from bath,birmingham or edinburgh and how fast do they reply?
I have an offer from Edinburgh they responded about two weeks after I applied.
Original post by APersonYo
Anyone got offers from bath,birmingham or edinburgh and how fast do they reply?

Edinburgh replied to me in about a week and my predicted grades were ABB so it should be quick
Original post by emduck
I have an offer from Edinburgh they responded about two weeks after I applied.

Me too.
Original post by Nc1999

Manchester interview basically means they are ~90% likely to give you an offer... no worries at all.
The main purpose of this applicant open day is to persuade you to firm Manchester rather than to examine you.:laugh:
Original post by debs20153
Edinburgh replied to me in about a week and my predicted grades were ABB so it should be quick

You got an offer from edinburgh?? Ive been predicted A*AA

Oh sik, im not too worried now then. Im likely to get birm, bath seems unlikely
Original post by APersonYo
You got an offer from edinburgh?? Ive been predicted A*AA

Oh sik, im not too worried now then. Im likely to get birm, bath seems unlikely

Yea

Quick Reply

Latest