The Student Room Group

What jobs can I get with a Health Psychology Masters?

Hi, I was wondering if there are any specific jobs or areas I can get with a Health Psychology Masters? I know you can go onto become a certified Health Psychologist, but I don't particularly want to, for the near future anyway. I just can't seem to find many jobs for those with a Health Psychology Masters. Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks!
You can do pretty much anything that uses your transferable skills. Have a look at things you may be interested in and see what the requirements are.
Original post by a.india
Hi, I was wondering if there are any specific jobs or areas I can get with a Health Psychology Masters? I know you can go onto become a certified Health Psychologist, but I don't particularly want to, for the near future anyway. I just can't seem to find many jobs for those with a Health Psychology Masters. Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks!

I don't think there's much, other than academia/teaching too!
Reply 3
Health related support, advisory or assessment service positions. For example, mental and general health advocacy; education, health and care plan assessment; any type of care and treatment assessment service (chronic or terminal illnesses); positions in preventative health care and research/promotion of good personal health practices. That covers quite a wide range of potential positions.

Why are you planning to do/have done a masters course in a field you're not looking to work in or at least didn't do any research into the possible career avenues?
(edited 7 years ago)
My old psychology teacher did her masters in this, even she admitted there's currently no specific job for this as there hasn't even been one invented for it. So she's back teaching psychology
Reply 5
The information on strand specific jobs in psychology is not even hard to locate. I do not know why individuals continue to perpetuate that psychology jobs are scarce - they are not.

http://careers.bps.org.uk/area/health/where-do-health-psychologists-work

http://www.indeed.co.uk/m/jobs?q=Health+Psychology

Quick Reply

Latest