The Student Room Group

Redefining the Creep concept

Scroll to see replies

Let's not conflate woman who don't wear much on nights out, women who drink a lot, women who are promiscuous, and women who become single mothers. I meet a lot of women who fit the former two (and many the former three) but who are responsible with contraception and have very little chance of becoming mothers anytime soon (and would almost certainly abort if anything did happen unexpectedly). If they want to drink, and if guys want to buy them shots, then we have no right to judge. Heck, most guys wouldn't refuse a night out of being bought shots by interested women, so don't apply a double standard.

As an aside, alcohol tax brings in several billion pounds more than its cost to the NHS, so you should really be thanking these girls :wink:
Original post by Nu Garage
Apparently its sociably acceptable to brand a harmless guy on his own in a public space (lets say a night club, restaurant, cinema) a creep and yet a woman can stand at a bar half naked, throw shots down her neck (which she invariably doesn't pay for herself) and leer and titillate at every ****er in the room and thats 'empowerment' and an independent woman. These women are destroying western society and giving it a terrible name, they are becoming single teen mothers or geriatric mothers and draining the NHS when their drinking activities go wrong.

Now in my mind a creep traditionally meant a guy who was pursuing you or giving you unwanted attention; its got clear seedy connotations. But now women seem to have extrapolated that term to any man that they personally dont like the look of and in fact its the alpha males that are being borderline creepy under the traditional concept. But that line of reasoning goes out the window when a stud acts like a pervert.

I would say now more than ever the lone white male is the real victim here, most of these women (always in a group btw too cowardly to go anywhere solo or in twos/threes) are just taking the piss and the courts just let em get away with murder

Huh? I've never ever heard anyone refer to a guy on his own as a creep
Way to embody a cliche OP, its gonna take you far.
Original post by 1010marina

In terms of women becoming single mothers, I will reiterate my earlier point that, usually, successful reproduction requires a female and a male, which means any resulting child is equally the "fault" of both parties. Men are no less responsible for creating single mothers than the women themselves.

Original post by 1010marina

(...) You can't blame women for something that is 50% not their fault.

Men do have a responsibility for contraception, but they're not 50% responsible for a baby being born nine months later. Women have over 20 weeks to come to a choice as to whether they actually want a baby, and are free to abort if they don't. It's misleading to equate the ten minutes of influence a man has over the situation, when both parties are horny and quite possibly drunk, with the weeks upon weeks that a woman has to come to her own firm decision. That's not to excuse men who have no sympathy for what a woman has to go through if she does get pregnant, but ultimately nothing he does forces her to have the baby.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lavaridge
Men do have a responsibility for contraception, but they're not 50% responsible for a baby after nine months. Women have over 20 weeks to come to a choice as to whether they actually want a baby, and are free to abort if they don't. It's misleading to equate the ten minutes of influence a man has over the situation, when both parties are horny and quite possibly drunk, with the weeks upon weeks that a woman has to come to her own firm decision. That's not to excuse men who have no sympathy for what a woman has to go through if she does get pregnant, but ultimately nothing he does forces her to have the baby.

And men also have those same 20 weeks to choose whether to stick with the mother and raise the baby.

Bringing a baby into the world is a decision made at the moment of conception. If you were drunk and horny and later regret it, tough. Learn to keep it in your pants or wear a condom (/don't have sex with a guy that refuses to wear a condom) if you're not ready for parenthood. Yes, women can choose to abort the baby if they wish to - it's growing inside them, which nicely brings us back to our consent issue from earlier. But abortion should not be the default action for a pregnancy, rather, imho it's better if everyone who didn't want a baby wore condoms or had an implant etc.

Babies should be opt in, not opt out.

But I digress from my original point which was that blokes can't stick it to a lady without her consent regardless of however she acts or looks or dresses. A low cut top is not the same as "yes, I want to have sex with you". And it's disgusting that apparently some people seem confused by this.
Somebody probably called OP a creep, and he's ended up writing an essay on TSR. Lmao.
Reply 26
Ban these lame time-wasting provocateur trolls who irl are probably angry lonely misfits with a severe personality disorder, already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending