The Student Room Group

Inexpensive 18th birthday party ideas

Hi!

My birthday is in October so I think that I should start planning something to celebrate...

Money is a bit of a problem so I was thinking about a picnic in my local national trust and bringing a camera and going on a walk, but it's not something that everyone will enjoy :frown:

I considered a house party but I don't really want to have one at my house so that's kinda out of the question.

If it helps, I have 5 really close friends and there are about 18 in my friendship circle!

Any ideas are appreciated - thanks guys!
Shopping trip, cinema, paintballing, go out for a meal together, go on a fun day trip with your friends to the beach, fairground etc, go out: sorry if this sounds a bit childish! I agree that a walk may not suit everyone- also weather depending!
Whatever you love to do, just do it with your friends and have a good time! It's only your 18th once!
If it's late in October you could correlate it so you could do something small to celebrate on the day and then get dressed up and go out to fireworks/ for something to eat/ drink on Halloween?
Do what you want to do, it's your birthday and they should come for you, not what you're doing for your birthday. The people who come are your friends.

My birthday was ****. I went for a meal and then out afterwards. Invited 22 people who were my "friends". 4 came. Your will not be as bad as that.
Reply 4
I went for a special meal at planet Hollywood in London where each of my friends paid for themselves so not too expensive so maybe something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Perhaps you could have a gathering, similar to a house party but with fewer friends.
Original post by hatcs001
Hi!

My birthday is in October so I think that I should start planning something to celebrate...

Money is a bit of a problem so I was thinking about a picnic in my local national trust and bringing a camera and going on a walk, but it's not something that everyone will enjoy :frown:

I considered a house party but I don't really want to have one at my house so that's kinda out of the question.

If it helps, I have 5 really close friends and there are about 18 in my friendship circle!

Check Pinterest - there's loads of ideas, inexpensive ones as well!
Original post by hatcs001
Hi!

I had a gaming party so rounds with teamwork and some short rounds and the losers had to do shots it all worked out to about £500 for 20 with hall hire, buying a ps2 and some games, buying a projector screen setup, pizza/ chicken strips, and several bottles of tequila and vodka
Reply 8
Original post by jamesthehustler
I had a gaming party so rounds with teamwork and some short rounds and the losers had to do shots it all worked out to about £500 for 20 with hall hire, buying a ps2 and some games, buying a projector screen setup, pizza/ chicken strips, and several bottles of tequila and vodka

hey,
where did u book the hall?
Reply 9
Organize a party at home because it will be cheaper and very comfortable. I had the same issue as you, I didn't have money for a big party. I organized all by myself and with a small amount of money, all my guests were impressed. First of all, I rent music and lights from surrey pa hire because a good atmosphere and music make big importance and guests feel more comfortable. If you make this part of the organization correct you can say that your party will be a big success.
(edited 3 years ago)
What did you end up doing as it’s been 3 years

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending