The Student Room Group

Tablets, still good to have?

I was wondering if people still use tablets on a regular basis these days. I heard is good for business and anyone with a professional career. The divisional clinical director I was in contact with before through e-mails, I noticed one of his replies was 'sent by iPad'.

I want to get opinions on anyone that uses them or have knowledge for the use of them, over laptops and smartphones. For example, would it be convenient for students at uni? Possibly sixth form?
Original post by ColossalAtom
I was wondering if people still use tablets on a regular basis these days. I heard is good for business and anyone with a professional career. The divisional clinical director I was in contact with before through e-mails, I noticed one of his replies was 'sent by iPad'.

I want to get opinions on anyone that uses them or have knowledge for the use of them, over laptops and smartphones. For example, would it be convenient for students at uni? Possibly sixth form?

I foubnd it really useful during the end of my A2s for emailing teachers, looking at youtube videos and reading pdfs like examiner reports :smile:
The tablets are only really used now for entertainment uses such as netflix and gaming or e-books ( i know thats all i used mine for, it would be quite difficult to type out a full easy or power point on touchscreen only) . However since they are so portable it would be easy and convenient to use it for emailing; although personally i'd much rather use my phone or an ultra book. I think it would be best for a student to go for a hybrid such as the surface pro 4 or a yoga 500/710 series, since it offers the function and powerful of a windows computer and the portability/entertainment purposes of a tablet. For a business i would opt for the more powerful and sleek surface book or the new macbook pro thats yet to come out.
I'm using one right now so...
Original post by Imnotacriminal
I foubnd it really useful during the end of my A2s for emailing teachers, looking at youtube videos and reading pdfs like examiner reports :smile:

I could do that at home on my own computer, unless you're always on the go.
Original post by ColossalAtom
I could do that at home on my own computer, unless you're always on the go.

you could but its just really comfy to do in bed
I use my iPad daily and use it for many purposes: Entertainment, Emails, writing, reading, doing work related stuff etc...
I prefer it to a laptop because it's much easier to use and it just feels much more fluid!
I honestly would choose tablets anyday over a laptop!

I got the original iPad when it came out instead of a laptop and I still have it! It still works well too!
Now have an air 2 and looking to upgrade to the Pro 12"!

But yeah I use tablets all the time!
I love them, they can do everything a laptop can and in some cases they do it even better!!
Plus the selection of games and apps on all app stores is great!

But in the end it personal preference tbh!
Get a feel for both and decide which you like the best!
I have a tablet but its is used 95% of the time by my 4 year old sister playing games.

Seriously dont need it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to dislike tablets - I didn't see them as particularly useful if you owned a laptop & a capable smart phone.
Then, I saw the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact which was waterproof, lightweight, excellent screen quailty & had excellent reviews. I've had it for a year & I can't fault it (although I did crack the screen quite badly at the weekend when out hiking).
It's fair to say I'm now a fan of tablets but I wouldn't say they're essential for everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending