The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey!

I'm looking at Chester, Nottingham, Surrey, Cardiff Met and Hertfordshire :smile:
I have already got work expereince but I'm going to shadow a dietician again in October!
Hi, I'm looking at Nottingham, Chester, Surrey as well. I also want to apply to Coventry and KCL. I've had a few days shadowing and lots of volunteering as well. Do you know which universities are switching to the 3 year course this year?
Hi guys! I'm Kate and I applied for N+D this year. Going to Surrey in September! If you have any questions about the application process or my experience just give me a shout!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
Hi guys! I'm Kate and I applied for N+D this year. Going to Surrey in September! If you have any questions about the application process or my experience just give me a shout!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Kate, thanks so much. Which other unis did you apply to and what made you choose Surrey?
Original post by BrownEyedHijabi
Hi Kate, thanks so much. Which other unis did you apply to and what made you choose Surrey?

I applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Kings, Cardiff Met and London met. I withdrew from London + Cardiff met as I didn't actually like them and put them down as a rash decision.

I originally wanted to go to Nottingham but visiting the campus I didn't like how isolated it was and I didn't get an offer for dietetics anyway.

I firmed surrey because of its location, because it's the best uni for dietetics and because it's such a lovely uni! I insured kings as it was my other offer for dietetics, not that I wanted to go there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied to Surrey, Nottingham, Kings, Cardiff Met and London met. I withdrew from London + Cardiff met as I didn't actually like them and put them down as a rash decision.

I originally wanted to go to Nottingham but visiting the campus I didn't like how isolated it was and I didn't get an offer for dietetics anyway.

I firmed surrey because of its location, because it's the best uni for dietetics and because it's such a lovely uni! I insured kings as it was my other offer for dietetics, not that I wanted to go there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to go to Nottingham but I'm not sure about the campus as well. Would it be hard to live on the main campus and commute do you think? Which uni had the most intense application process out of the three you kept?
I really want to go to Nottingham but I'm not sure about the campus as well. Would it be hard to live on the main campus and commute do you think? Which uni had the most intense application process out of the three you kept?

Nottingham SB campus is lovely but incredibly small and in the middle of nowhere. I think it would be difficult as unless you have a car the bus timings would be so awkward and as it's ages away from main campus you'd find it hard to cycle.
Probably Kings- although they were all comparable in a way. Both Kings and Surrey did MMI interviews whereas Nottingham did the spoken interviews. I did prefer the spoken interview but I guess I wasn't as good at it. Kings just made a whole day of it with lectures and things.

Just note Notts has the lowest number of places out of all the unis! I was so upset when I didn't get an offer for dietetics as I thought I was a clear foot in because of my grades so don't be disheartened!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh ok thanks for letting me know about the places. I need to try and visit the campus to see if I'll like it or not. And I don't know my predicted grades yet but can I just ask what yours were if you don't mind?
Oh ok thanks for letting me know about the places. I need to try and visit the campus to see if I'll like it or not. And I don't know my predicted grades yet but can I just ask what yours were if you don't mind?

The campus itself was lovely but it was very small and I'm not about that 😂
My predicted grades were A*A*AA however I got A*AAA, but you don't need predicted grades that high

Posted from TSR Mobile
The campus itself was lovely but it was very small and I'm not about that 😂
My predicted grades were A*A*AA however I got A*AAA, but you don't need predicted grades that high

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think I'll like the small campus either lol, your grades are amazing btw how much work experience did you have? I have volunteered at a library, local charity shop and a hospital. I also have shadowed three dietitians as well. Would that be alright?
I don't think I'll like the small campus either lol, your grades are amazing btw how much work experience did you have? I have volunteered at a library, local charity shop and a hospital. I also have shadowed three dietitians as well. Would that be alright?

Thankyou so much 😊 you will be more than fine. All I did was a little volunteer work at a homeless shelter, a week at a hospital shadowing a nurse and I did a dietetics open day- that's all I did and I know people with less work experience than me that got a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankyou so much 😊 you will be more than fine. All I did was a little volunteer work at a homeless shelter, a week at a hospital shadowing a nurse and I did a dietetics open day- that's all I did and I know people with less work experience than me that got a place!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's actually a little bit reassuring lol. I think I just need to focus on getting the grades and writing a good personal statement then. Do you have any tips to help with the personal statement or interviews?
Original post by Rose.n
Hey!

I'm looking at Chester, Nottingham, Surrey, Cardiff Met and Hertfordshire :smile:
I have already got work expereince but I'm going to shadow a dietician again in October!

Hi, I'm looking for shadowing opportunities with Dietitians but all hospitals have said they require students to be 18, which I am not.

How and where have you got such an opportunity?

Thanks,
AlevelBiologist
Reply 14
Original post by AlevelBiologist
Hi, I'm looking for shadowing opportunities with Dietitians but all hospitals have said they require students to be 18, which I am not.

How and where have you got such an opportunity?

Thanks,
AlevelBiologist

I just emailed a few hospitals near me and some of the unis asking if there were any opportunities avaliable and one replied saying they could have me!
It might just depend on the hospital, some unis are linked to hospitals which put on dietetics days (which is enough work experience) I tried Cardiff met but you had to live in wales which I don't :frown:
Reply 15
Hi, I'm looking at Nottingham, Chester, Surrey as well. I also want to apply to Coventry and KCL. I've had a few days shadowing and lots of volunteering as well. Do you know which universities are switching to the 3 year course this year?

When I went to Cardiff Met open day they seemed to think Chester was becoming a 3 years course but I've seen no change on the website!
Original post by Rose.n
When I went to Cardiff Met open day they seemed to think Chester was becoming a 3 years course but I've seen no change on the website!

That's what I thought too. I've also looked at Surrey (it won't let me see it now as the course is full) and I think that was changing as well.
Reply 17
That's what I thought too. I've also looked at Surrey (it won't let me see it now as the course is full) and I think that was changing as well.

Which uni do you like the most at the moment?
Original post by Rose.n
I just emailed a few hospitals near me and some of the unis asking if there were any opportunities avaliable and one replied saying they could have me!
It might just depend on the hospital, some unis are linked to hospitals which put on dietetics days (which is enough work experience) I tried Cardiff met but you had to live in wales which I don't :frown:

I also did the same thing but I phoned the hospitals instead because waiting for an email reply from them was taking a long time. You can also try community dietitians as well, that might be easier.
Original post by Rose.n
Which uni do you like the most at the moment?

I was thinking Nottingham but I need to check out the campus. Maybe Surrey but it is quite far from home hbu?

Latest