The Student Room Group

Lower entrance requirements?

So I've just finished my A2s gaining ABB (Psychology, Geography and Maths respectively) and an AS at grade A in IT. I'm planning to apply for university in 2017 to study computer science however throughout the past few years i've been seriously ill which caused me to miss a lot of college and caused me to become hospitalised for over 6 months. When I send off my personal statement will unis care about this and allow me special consideration (lower entrance requirements)?
Original post by ButtonsBile
So I've just finished my A2s gaining ABB (Psychology, Geography and Maths respectively) and an AS at grade A in IT. I'm planning to apply for university in 2017 to study computer science however throughout the past few years i've been seriously ill which caused me to miss a lot of college and caused me to become hospitalised for over 6 months. When I send off my personal statement will unis care about this and allow me special consideration (lower entrance requirements)?

Email the departments of the unis in advance to see what their stances on this are. Tell them your grades and situation and just see what they say, and whether you can provide evidence of the circumstances.
Reply 2
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Email the departments of the unis in advance to see what their stances on this are. Tell them your grades and situation and just see what they say, and whether you can provide evidence of the circumstances.

I'm just worried, as the problem has been going on for a number of years, that they will disregard it.
Original post by ButtonsBile
I'm just worried, as the problem has been going on for a number of years, that they will disregard it.

Presumably this was communicated to the exam boards by your school when you were sitting them, and will have been taken into account already. If so, you can't have it twice. However, your reference should explain the circumstances in a positive way and most universities are very careful to take such things seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending