Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my maintenance loan is about £3800 im living at home , my parents earn less 20k together , is this all the money i get because it does not seem enough, plus commuting will cost a lot for me.

ReputationRep:
    you should get more or about £6,900 if what you said is right, you must have filled SF out wrong or your parents. less than 20k for 2 people is also very low .. you sure you got that right ?

contact SF ASAP. but £3800 is more than enough really, you have about £100 a week, which isnt that bad and since your living at home you dont have to worry about rent, im also pretty sire you can give some of that £100, to your parent if they need it. Also getting a job might help.

ReputationRep:
    You should try calling Student Finance to find out.

Are you going to living at home during university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolpool)
    my maintenance loan is about £3800 im living at home , my parents earn less 20k together , is this all the money i get because it does not seem enough, plus commuting will cost a lot for me.
    It doesn't sound like you have been income-assessed. Have your parents provided their income details to Student Finance? If not, then phone SF and get them to check your application. If you accidentally filled it in so you aren't income-assessed, they can tell you how to get that sorted. If your parents *have* provided their income info, SF will be able to confirm that the assessment is ongoing and that you should end up with more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.