The Student Room Group
It could mean CDD.
you need at least 2 A levels which = at least 200 UCAS points.

so if a B is worth 100 points then, yes you would need 2 Bs minimum.

if a C is worth 80 points - and an A worth 120 - then that would be fine.

However, if you only got 2 Cs, and assuming a C is worth 80, then you'd need an AS or A level or equivalent which is worth at least 40 points

. . . you get the picture . .
Reply 3
i i only do 2 a levels
so it would either be DC this year (including AS which were DC - altogether equalling 200)
or BB this year equalling 200 points with no AS included

i just need to know whether i they mean from just A2 results alone or AS and A2 together lol

i am still so confused as for what it is
Reply 4
niina234
i i only do 2 a levels
so it would either be DC this year (including AS which were DC - altogether equalling 200)
or BB this year equalling 200 points with no AS included

i just need to know whether i they mean from just A2 results alone or AS and A2 together lol

i am still so confused as for what it is

I don't think you quite understand the UCAS tariff, heh.

An AS Level with a D grade is worth 30, an A Level with a D grade is worth 60.
An AS Level with C is worth 40, an A Level with C is worth 80.

If you get DC at A Level you only have 140 points - you don't add the two together! The A Level points replace the AS ones. The points for an A Level aren't just for the A2 year, they're for the whole A Level.

Looks like you need BB.

Are you doing Key Skills or anything to get you a few extra points?
Did you only take 2 subjects to AS level last year, get a C and a D in them, and you're now carrying on with both of them to A2? Or did you take 4 subjects to AS level last year, get a C and a D in 2 of them which you dropped, and you're now carrying on with the other 2 to A2? If it's the former, you don't get any points for the AS levels, just the A-levels, so if you get a C and a D again this year, you'll only have 140 points, leaving you 60 points short of your offer. To meet the offer with only 2 A-levels, you need to get either BB or AC this year. If, however, you got a C and a D in 2 stand alone AS levels in subjects that you've now dropped, you can count those 70 points towards the 200 needed to meet your offer, leaving you with another 130 to get this year. To do that, you'll need a C and a D. All your offer means is that you have to pass at least 2 A-levels- in other words, you need at least EE, which is 80 points. Apart from that, the other 120 points can come from any qualifications included in the UCAS tariff- other A-levels, AS levels, Key Skills, music qualifications and so on. Hope that makes sense, but tell me if it doesn't and I'll see if I can explain it a bit better!
Reply 6
You need at least EE which would be 40 points then the remaining 160 points from something else.

Latest

Trending

Trending