Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't think there is a thread for those who are looking to do dental hygiene and therapy for the 2017 entry so I made one Hopefully get to know some potential peers??

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Im.hoping to apply for the 2017 intake, im a dental nurse of 6 years and dental radiography qualified. Im starting an access course this sept so hopefully will get the application in on time.

Where are u applying too?
    Im hopeful for sheffield or leeds

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice, I am currently doing my A levels and im hoping to apply to Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham and perhap Queen Mary London.

ReputationRep:
    Hi are you applying for the diploma or degree course as I am unsure

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be applying for Kings for 2017 intake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teef)
    I've just finished 1st year of DHT, if you need any help feel free to ask.
    Hi, I have had onw attempt to apply but i was not the chosen one, but I was invited to an interview. Do you have any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    I've applied to Liverpool last year and got as far as interview but didn't get the place.
    So applying to Sheffield next. I went for an open day today and I've been told that math is not a science subject. So I'm quite confused now. Liverpool had the same requirements (2 A levels, one in science subject, preferably biology) and they had no problem with my math A level.
    I'm very concerned now. Anyone else in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I've applied for DHT at Kings College Hospital, waiting to here back.
    I'm a dental nurse, completed my dental nursing course at Kings College hospital from 2014-16. Currently working in a private practice. I have 2 A levels grade B, and biology AS level at a D. Might have to retake my biology if i don't get in this year!

good luck to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!! I ve been accepted to do Dental Hygiene and Therapy at Teesside next year (September 2017) anyone else had a firm offer for this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teef)
    I've just finished 1st year of DHT, if you need any help feel free to ask.
    Hi!! I am starting the DHT course next September! What work did you currently do in year one and what books are you using?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Cardiff, Leeds, Newcastle, Plymouth and Portsmouth via UCAS for 2017. I know that some universities accept direct applications, such as Sheffield, so I might apply to them too once I do more research.

A bit about me: I'm 22, completed A Levels a few years ago (BBC, including Biology at B), and I recently finished an Access to HE Science course with 45 Distinctions. I'm really lacking in dental work experience though so I'm trying my best to get that sorted out!

ReputationRep:
    hi, anyone here got short listed for Kings College?

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi di you know anything on the dental therapy course interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ceilidoll)
    I have an interview for Kings on the 5th September and they have asked me to bring something I have made or developed??? :/
    Hey what grades/qualifications did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I have an NVQ/VRQ level 3 dental nursing, C in gcse English, access to science diploma 45 credits at merit or above and have re-sat my maths gcse hoping to achieve the C grade. I think my qualifications are like the lowest entry though

ReputationRep:
    Heyy, I have an NVQ/VRQ level 3 dental nursing, C in gcse English, access to science diploma 45 credits at merit or above and have re-sat my maths gcse hoping to achieve the C grade. I think my qualifications are like the lowest entry though
    (Original post by Shainalaw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Shainalaw)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.
    I have a national diploma in dental nursing, 3.5 years of nursing experience and A levels in Maths and English (both A's) and lots of relevant gcse's (A's and B's).
    I didn't get a place this year so I'm thinking about doing an access course. Would anyone recommend one? Are they all full time and 9k per year? And can you get a student loan to cover that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvieEve)
    Hi everyone.
    I have a national diploma in dental nursing, 3.5 years of nursing experience and A levels in Maths and English (both A's) and lots of relevant gcse's (A's and B's).
    I didn't get a place this year so I'm thinking about doing an access course. Would anyone recommend one? Are they all full time and 9k per year? And can you get a student loan to cover that? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
    I did an access course and the government funded it so there were no fees to pay. Mine was full time which was 2.5 full days. I had to do it as i didnt have any A levels and only a couple GCSEs and had to retake my maths GCSE also. If you havent already done so I would probably look into radiography or oral health education courses as the access courses are a mixture between GCSE, A level and A2 and its seems you already have high grades, but thats just what i would probably do. Hope that helps a little x

ReputationRep:
    I also have an interview for kings!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.