The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by avago7
Rejection from Portsmouth after interview 😭

Me too! They have, however, offered me a place to do another course. A bit concerning as Portsmouth was always going to be my insurance and I haven't managed to secure an offer!

What's your background?
I applied with 6A*s and 6As at GCSE, predicted A*AB at A level, and have over 70 hours shadowing a hygiene/therapist. Thought the interview went okay too, other than the fact that it seemed that the staff were very disorganised!

Wishing you lots of luck with your other applications - I'm sure you will do brilliantly.
Original post by lu77
Me too! They have, however, offered me a place to do another course. A bit concerning as Portsmouth was always going to be my insurance and I haven't managed to secure an offer!

What's your background?
I applied with 6A*s and 6As at GCSE, predicted A*AB at A level, and have over 70 hours shadowing a hygiene/therapist. Thought the interview went okay too, other than the fact that it seemed that the staff were very disorganised!

Wishing you lots of luck with your other applications - I'm sure you will do brilliantly.

Hiya, can I ask where else you've applied and if you have any other interviews/offers?
Reply 382
Original post by thutchinson96
Hiya, can I ask where else you've applied and if you have any other interviews/offers?

Hi,
Yes I have interviews at Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, and Newcastle.

How have you found your application so far?
Original post by lu77
Hi,
Yes I have interviews at Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, and Newcastle.

How have you found your application so far?

That's brilliant, how have they been? It's been okay, managed to get an interview for my first choice so that's coming up soon at essex. Was difficult for me as I don't have A levels so my choices were extremely limited!
Anyone who has got an offer from Manchester, has your ucas track updated yet?
Reply 385
That's brilliant, how have they been? It's been okay, managed to get an interview for my first choice so that's coming up soon at essex. Was difficult for me as I don't have A levels so my choices were extremely limited!

Thank you! I haven't had them yet, they're all coming up in the next few days/weeks.
Well done, you must be so thrilled!
Original post by lu77
Thank you! I haven't had them yet, they're all coming up in the next few days/weeks.
Well done, you must be so thrilled!

Just have to get through the interview successfully! Good luck with all of yours I'm sure you'll do great :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by Emmarose101
I've private messaged you what time were you in?

I haven't received anything.. 10am you?
I'm still waiting to hear back from my interview at Essex and I haven't heard anything from QMUL or Liverpool

Anyone else waiting for any of these ?x
Original post by El240799
I'm still waiting to hear back from my interview at Essex and I haven't heard anything from QMUL or Liverpool

Anyone else waiting for any of these ?x

You probably won't hear anything from essex until end of April/beginning of May time - there are still interviews going on (including mine still to come!). I'm also still waiting to hear anything from QMUL and I know lots of people waiting on Liverpool. The wait is awful, wish they'd hurry!!
Im also waiting for QMUL but have an interview at Essex in a couple wks
Original post by Dumpling81
Im also waiting for QMUL but have an interview at Essex in a couple wks

When is your interview for essex? Mine is 4th April :smile:
When is your interview for essex? Mine is 4th April :smile:

Hiya it's on 7th march! Good luck with yours! How are you getting on with your applications?
Hiya it's on 7th march! Good luck with yours! How are you getting on with your applications?

Good luck to you too!! Fingers crossed :smile: it's okay, still waiting on QMUL who seem to just be taking ages!
Good luck to you too!! Fingers crossed :smile: it's okay, still waiting on QMUL who seem to just be taking ages!

Thank you. Its my first time applying, how about you? Yeah all the universities seem to be taking a while judging by some of the comments!
Thank you. Its my first time applying, how about you? Yeah all the universities seem to be taking a while judging by some of the comments!

Same here, first time! I'll be so gutted if I don't get in though, even though I know chances are slim. Essex interview about 250/300 people so it's tough!
Same here, first time! I'll be so gutted if I don't get in though, even though I know chances are slim. Essex interview about 250/300 people so it's tough!

Yeah all of the courses are so heavily oversubscribed. We just have to have hope and belief in ourselves. I went to a taster session at kings college hospital and they were saying out of 400+ applications they intetview 80 and take on 30 students.....😞😟
As you don't have the a levels where else are you applying? Are you from a dental background?
Yeah all of the courses are so heavily oversubscribed. We just have to have hope and belief in ourselves. I went to a taster session at kings college hospital and they were saying out of 400+ applications they intetview 80 and take on 30 students.....😞😟
As you don't have the a levels where else are you applying? Are you from a dental background?

Just keeping my fingers crossed! Keeping positive and taking it all as experience :smile: I'm going to apply to kings when applications open, but only applied to QMUL (who said they'd accept me without a levels if they could) and essex. Going to do an access course next year hopefully if I don't get in anywhere this year! I am a nurse yes! What about you, what's your background?
Just keeping my fingers crossed! Keeping positive and taking it all as experience :smile: I'm going to apply to kings when applications open, but only applied to QMUL (who said they'd accept me without a levels if they could) and essex. Going to do an access course next year hopefully if I don't get in anywhere this year! I am a nurse yes! What about you, what's your background?

Oh thats interesting. What qualifications will QMUL accept instead of the A levels? Ive been a nurse since 2010.
Hi Does anyone have any ideas on what Newcastle University do for there interviews?

Will any body be there on the 2nd March?

Quick Reply

Latest