The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ethereal
I would take rogues from X-men

Why? It seems a bit double edged.
RK89
Why? It seems a bit double edged.

Not for me, I don't like physical contact so I'd be ok with it.
Ethereal
Not for me, I don't like physical contact so I'd be ok with it.

Hmm, neither do i. But i dont want to nearly kill people before I use said power. I would prefer something like invisibility.
RK89
Hmm, neither do i. But i dont want to nearly kill people before I use said power. I would prefer something like invisibility.

IF they might die from being touched they wouldn't touch. People would learn. Also, rogues power isn't technically to kill people.
Ethereal
IF they might die from being touched they wouldn't touch. People would learn. Also, rogues power isn't technically to kill people.

There are alot simpler tricks to avoiding people touching you than a superpower. The best one is to walk around with your shoelaces undone. Do you really hate being touched then?
RK89
There are alot simpler tricks to avoiding people touching you than a superpower. The best one is to walk around with your shoelaces undone. Do you really hate being touched then?

I detest it, as some people will atest to.
Ethereal

Oh I understand entirely. Thats why i am going to learn a martial art again, noone will think of touching you in any fashion.
RK89
Oh I understand entirely. Thats why i am going to learn a martial art again, noone will think of touching you in any fashion.

Martial arts require contact. It's the contact I don't like. I don't like being touched at all, even in a friendly manner. I have had friends before who would hold there hands open and say "I'm hugging you" because they know that to touch me would upset me.
Reply 288
Ethereal

:dito: But with me its conditional.
Reply 289
RK89
I believe this converation needs moving on. Craggy, if you were to have a superpower, what would it be and why?

Mind and emotion reading. I'm sure you can guess why :p:
Ethereal
Martial arts require contact. It's the contact I don't like. I don't like being touched at all, even in a friendly manner. I have had friends before who would hold there hands open and say "I'm hugging you" because they know that to touch me would upset me.

There is a clue why you dont like it in your sig isnt there, or am i just a little drunk? I dont like the contact either, but in the long run learning the art reduces it, because no1 will touch someone who is good at it really.
RK89
There is a clue why you dont like it in your sig isnt there, or am i just a little drunk? I dont like the contact either, but in the long run learning the art reduces it, because no1 will touch someone who is good at it really.

What clue?
Craghyrax
Mind and emotion reading. I'm sure you can guess why :p:

Oh absolutely. I wouldnt actually want to know with most people what they are thinking, i think i would get exceptionally bored with them. But in certain cases it would be brilliant.
Ethereal
What clue?

First line of your sig.
Reply 294
Don't keep pushing RK. You might go too far. Especially if you're drunk.
RK89
First line of your sig.

Wtf does that have to do with not liking physical contact?
Craghyrax
Don't keep pushing RK. You might go too far. Especially if you're drunk.

Well I am not mega drunk, just been reading though what is essentially a mad mans posts, which of course makes you see patterns in everything.
Ethereal
Wtf does that have to do with not liking physical contact?

It depends what it is doesnt it.
Reply 298
RK89
Well I am not mega drunk, just been reading though what is essentially a mad mans posts, which of course makes you see patterns in everything.

Are you calling Ethereal a mad man? :wtf?:
Craghyrax
Are you calling Ethereal a mad man? :wtf?:

No no, on another forum. The one that you wont go on, if you get my drift.

Latest