The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 840
DenkMit
Drunk Crag?! LOL!

Me? :wtf?: I was talking about Daz. He called me 'lovely'. That's rather forward coming from him except when he's had one or two :wink:
Craghyrax
:s-smilie: Definitely tipsy! :p:

I'm really really shattered. I had a split shift today, and I got a migraine and took a strong painkiller, so I'm sort of drifting at the mo :p: Its over now though, waaaayyyy :king1:

I'm a bit drunk... drunk on you :hubba:

It sounds like youve had a tought day :hugs: Glad your efeeling better. Are you working tomorrwow? :frown:
Ethereal
Actually it doesn't. Capital expenditure in London far outstrips the tax it pays. The UK subsidises London.

Depends on how you count it, and what the tax expenditure you look at. Also London generates most of the countries business from what I understand. Very few major companies would base themselves in Yorkshire, but they would happily in London.

We have more than enough industry to self support. We have farming too. Our tax flows out of Yorkshire and in to England. We have 2 or 3 massive power stations. North sea oil and gas comes in via us. We could sell you lot electric. You need us far more than we need you. Sorry to burst your bubble

You could sell us power true, but we could just build more plants. Also bear in mind your 2 or 3 plants has to be spread over 5 million people, so i doubt you could export much. The UK imports loads of stuff anyway. The big problem for you is the rest of the UK has a far bigger millatary then just Yorkshire. I think people in yorkshire would get sick of independence very quickly.
Craghyrax
How on earth did you arrive at that conclusion? :wtf?: :eyeball:

The hug emoticon in the same sentence. And the fact you didnt admonish him for it.
Reply 844
SuperDaz
I'm a bit drunk... drunk on you :hubba:

Er.. ok :ninja:
Daz

It sounds like youve had a tought day :hugs: Glad your efeeling better. Are you working tomorrwow? :frown:

Yep.. bar shift tomorrow. But happily I have the weekend off :banana:
Reply 845
RK89
The hug emoticon in the same sentence. And the fact you didnt admonish him for it.

I always hug Daz when I see him, and there would be no point in commenting on his drinking habits as I can't really change them. Also Daz never posts anything offensive when he's drunk, only highly amusing things. (see my sig :wink:)
RK89
Depends on how you count it, and what the tax expenditure you look at. Also London generates most of the countries business from what I understand. Very few major companies would base themselves in Yorkshire, but they would happily in London.

They operate in London because it is the capital. That has nothing to do with this at all. Yorkshire's economy is self sustaining.

You could sell us power true, but we could just build more plants. Also bear in mind your 2 or 3 plants has to be spread over 5 million people, so i doubt you could export much. The UK imports loads of stuff anyway.

Yorkshire has the major power plants. We supply the majority of National Grid power.

The big problem for you is the rest of the UK has a far bigger millatary then just Yorkshire. I think people in yorkshire would get sick of independence very quickly.

The military isn't really a problem. Yorkshire has enough of a population that could resist any military action if it ever came to that. However, I don't believe it would. The international community is becoming more supportive of occupied/oppressed territories which seek to establish themselves as soveriegn nations. The UK would get owned by the international community if it shot us for asserting our right to be our own country.

Why would the people of Yorkshire get tired of their independence when they already don't consider themselves English? What a stupid thing to say!
Craghyrax
Er.. ok :ninja:

:blush: sorry!

Yep.. bar shift tomorrow. But happily I have the weekend off :banana:

I have the weekend off too, what ah appy conindence :biggrin:

So are you doing anything tfun this wekened? :smile:
Reply 848
Lol sorry, got my wires crossed lol!

I'm also off all weekend! Going motorbicycling
Reply 849
SuperDaz

I have the weekend off too, what ah appy conindence :biggrin:

So are you doing anything tfun this wekened? :smile:

Going to visit family who live out in the country near Winchester. It will be a nice break. I really like staying with them :love:
Craghyrax
I always hug Daz when I see him, and there would be no point in commenting on his drinking habits as I can't really change them. Also Daz never posts anything offensive when he's drunk, only highly amusing things. (see my sig :wink:)

Lol, seen it. So you think you can change my drinking then...?
Craghyrax
Going to visit family who live out in the country near Winchester. It will be a nice break. I really like staying with them :love:

Well im sure they love havng you stay :smile: Hope you hvae a good time :hugs:

You too Denkmit, where arey ou cyclinmg? :five:

[scrollr]:creep:[/scrollr]
Reply 852
RK89
Lol, seen it. So you think you can change my drinking then...?

Of course not. I can change any posts that make TSR unpleasant for other users though. Daz usually accidentally makes it more pleasant by providing entertainment :biggrin:
Reply 853
SuperDaz
Well im sure they love havng you stay :smile: Hope you hvae a good time :hugs:

Cheers :smile: What you up to?
Ethereal
They operate in London because it is the capital. That has nothing to do with this at all. Yorkshire's economy is self sustaining.

Yorkshire has the major power plants. We supply the majority of National Grid power.

The military isn't really a problem. Yorkshire has enough of a population that could resist any military action if it ever came to that. However, I don't believe it would. The international community is becoming more supportive of occupied/oppressed territories which seek to establish themselves as soveriegn nations. The UK would get owned by the international community if it shot us for asserting our right to be our own country.

Why would the people of Yorkshire get tired of their independence when they already don't consider themselves English? What a stupid thing to say!

You are assuming everyone in yorkshire will back you. They wont. The UK has a great mix of people in it, and people of different counties have interbred so much there are barely any people who are purely from yorkshire. And no we wouldnt invade, we would just annex you, which would be easy to do. You would give up after a week, maybe two. And I doubt the international communtity would back you, in fact I think they would send troops in to back the rest of the UK up. America almost certainly would.
Seriously though, there would be absolutely nothing gained by Yorkshire spliting off, in fact the chances are you would lose.
Craghyrax
Of course not. I can change any posts that make TSR unpleasant for other users though. Daz usually accidentally makes it more pleasant by providing entertainment :biggrin:

So you can rewrite my posts. Nice!
Reply 856
RK89
So you can rewrite my posts. Nice!

Not in here I can't.
Reply 857
A road race (motorbikes, closed public roads :biggrin:) about half an hour from home. Looking forward to it - there's a few nice photgraphers spots
Craghyrax
Not in here I can't.

Oh right in the MUN. Have you dealt with the troll yet, or is he still bugging you?
Craghyrax
Cheers :smile: What you up to?

Well I cant drink this weekend because of a clincail tirla medical on monmday so nothing fun :frown:

I mighgt watch Die Hard 4 but itll be the same old same rold really :hmpf:

Im tyring my hdardest to wite properly, Im awsarethatis nto all coming out as it should do thogh :redface:

Latest