The Student Room Group

Help with essay?

So I've been told that during my HNC Social Science course, I will be given an essay to take home and hand write and redraft to be marked.

I never took higher English so I'll not be very good at this. I did, however take modern studies and politics, both highers and I've forgotten how I've done the essays. I've binned all my work from school also ARGH STUPID ME.

Could some help me out by giving me a good basic HNC essay writing template? I really want to try getting an A or B.
Google for general guidance on how to write a social science essay (ideally at university level).
Original post by EditaPaperCom
Sure! Here is a basic template that you can use for your HNC Social Science essay:

Introduction: In the introduction, you should provide some background information on the topic you are writing about, and state your thesis or main argument. You can also outline the main points that you will be discussing in your essay.

Body: The body of your essay should be divided into several paragraphs, each focusing on a different aspect of your topic. You should use evidence to support your arguments, and be sure to cite your sources properly.

Conclusion: In the conclusion, you should summarize your main points and restate your thesis. You should also consider the implications of your arguments and what they might mean for future research or understanding of the topic.

Here are some additional tips to help you write a strong HNC Social Science essay:

Plan your essay carefully before you start writing. This will help you organize your thoughts and ensure that your essay flows logically.

Use clear and concise language, and avoid using jargon or complex terms unless they are necessary for your argument.

Use a variety of sources to support your arguments, including academic articles, books, and online sources. Be sure to cite these sources properly in your essay to avoid plagiarism.

Pay attention to the structure of your essay. Make sure that each paragraph has a clear topic sentence and that your essay follows a logical progression from one point to the next.

Proofread your essay carefully to catch any errors in spelling, grammar, or punctuation.

I hope this helps! If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

And the fourth ancient thread resurrected by you today...

Latest

Trending

Trending