The Student Room Group

Gcse core science resit

I forgot my password so I had to make a new account... anyway im in year 11 and I didn't get the grade I need to go on to my chosen sixth form... what should I do
BTW I really want to go to either Oxford or Cambridge to do Engineering but I've kinda jeopardized my chances....:frown:
Reply 1
Ask your Head of Science if you can re-sit it. Explain that it's very important that you get a good grade and that you are prepared to put in the work.
Reply 2
Original post by Clemm101
Ask your Head of Science if you can re-sit it. Explain that it's very important that you get a good grade and that you are prepared to put in the work.

I asked him and he said it's not worth it as sixth forms don't actually look at core science they look at additional science
Reply 3
What grade did you get? Our sixth form certainly looks at both Core and Additional if you want to study Science A-Levels.
Reply 4
What grade did you get? Our sixth form certainly looks at both Core and Additional if you want to study Science A-Levels.

I got a B
Reply 5
Ah, okay. A 'B' might not be what you were hoping for but it won't prevent you doing Science A-Levels, especially if you smash Additional. What does your chosen sixth form ask for? Most only require a BB. Neither Oxford or Cambridge have specific GCSE requirements (unless you're studying medicine) so even if you couldn't study at your chosen sixth form you would still be able to study at either of them, assuming you get excellent A-Level grades. Don't panic if your school won't let you re-sit, just concentrate on getting a good grade in additional and you'll be fine.
Reply 6
Ah, okay. A 'B' might not be what you were hoping for but it won't prevent you doing Science A-Levels, especially if you smash Additional. What does your chosen sixth form ask for? Most only require a BB. Neither Oxford or Cambridge have specific GCSE requirements (unless you're studying medicine) so even if you couldn't study at your chosen sixth form you would still be able to study at either of them, assuming you get excellent A-Level grades. Don't panic if your school won't let you re-sit, just concentrate on getting a good grade in additional and you'll be fine.

Oh okay thank you so much, you've put my mind to ease x
Reply 7
You're very welcome. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest