The Student Room Group

History and Economics Uni help

I've just completed my AS Levels and I am applying for History and Economics at uni. I achieved B in History and A's in English Lit, Maths and Economics. At GCSE, I achieved 9 A*s and 4 A's.

My prospective uni choices are:
Oxford (AAA)
St Andrews (AAA)
Leeds (AAA)
York (AAA)
Keele (AAB)

What do you rate my chances for these universities and would you consider changing my list? Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Your chances for all of them are good, though for Oxford you'll need to do well in the HAT and perform well at interview...*

Why is Keele on the list?! Leeds and York are also meh. Perhaps UCL, Exeter, Bristol, Durham... All excellent choices for history.

(I'm a third year history student at Oxford, feel free to pm me with any questions)*
Reply 2
Original post by colourtheory
Your chances for all of them are good, though for Oxford you'll need to do well in the HAT and perform well at interview...*

Why is Keele on the list?! Leeds and York are also meh. Perhaps UCL, Exeter, Bristol, Durham... All excellent choices for history.

(I'm a third year history student at Oxford, feel free to pm me with any questions)*

I accidentally clicked enter before finishing so the title should have said History and Economics, sorry! This course choice is the reason why I haven't considered Durham or UCL, surprisingly few decent unis offer it. You definetly don't think the B in History at AS is an immediate rejection though at Oxford?
Original post by IsBoris
I accidentally clicked enter before finishing so the title should have said History and Economics, sorry! This course choice is the reason why I haven't considered Durham or UCL, surprisingly few decent unis offer it. You definetly don't think the B in History at AS is an immediate rejection though at Oxford?

I don't think a B is an instant rejection, but an A isn't a guaranteed acceptance either (if that makes sense)... Your application needs to be consistent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending