The Student Room Group

Personal Statement EPQ

I have mentioned my EPQ in my personal statement; however can I leave it as EPQ or do I have to write it out in full, Extended Project Qualification?
Original post by CrystalPark
I have mentioned my EPQ in my personal statement; however can I leave it as EPQ or do I have to write it out in full, Extended Project Qualification?

In my personal statement, I wrote Extended Project Qualification in full the first time I mentioned it, then used the abbreviation EPQ after that. I think you should write it in full at least once, just to make it really clear what you're referring to :smile:
Depends on how many characters you need to fill in on your personal statement once you're done.
Reply 3
Original post by Leviathan1741
In my personal statement, I wrote Extended Project Qualification in full the first time I mentioned it, then used the abbreviation EPQ after that. I think you should write it in full at least once, just to make it really clear what you're referring to :smile:

Thanks for your response,
only problem is i'm only mentioning the EPQ once in my PS and I don't have enough characters at the moment to write it out in full
However if it is necessary then I will have to try and make some space..
Reply 4
Original post by loperdoper
Depends on how many characters you need to fill in on your personal statement once you're done.

I currently don't have enough characters to write it out in full.
I just wrote EPQ due to characters, it's on your UCAS form anyway so they'll know what it is.
Reply 6
Thank ypu!!
Will abbreviating EPQ not affect the formality and professionalism of the overall personal statement?

Original post by JRKinder
I just wrote EPQ due to characters, it's on your UCAS form anyway so they'll know what it is.
Thank ypu!!
Will abbreviating EPQ not affect the formality and professionalism of the overall personal statement?
I'm sure they'd prefer you to fill the character limit with more meaningful words and abbreviate :smile:
I currently don't have enough characters to write it out in full.

Oh, that was a joke if you're trying to fill space in your PS. Just write EPQ throughout, you'll be fine.

I think EPQ is fine, I think I put that in my PS (or "Extended Project").

EPQ is as generic as BTEC or A-Levels so you're fine

Quick Reply

Latest