The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Hey! This is a thread devoted to learner drivers stating their ups (:biggrin:) and downs(:bawling:) of the journey of learning to drive.Past experiences are also welcome but this thread will be great to see others progress and then help eachother through the bad times and celebrate the good :party:.
:^_^:

Now to try and get it stickied...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im Learning!!! :smile:
Reply 2
nezy90
Im Learning!!! :smile:

Wheeey! :five: :biggrin:
Reply 3
threads dont realy get stickied in here just put in http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=397918 :dontknow:
Reply 4
grrrrrrrrrrrr
so fed up of driving now
fed up of stalling! :mad:
Reply 5
tiger_vio
grrrrrrrrrrrr
so fed up of driving now
fed up of stalling! :mad:

petrol or diesel ;console; :hugs:
dont be afraid of the gas pedal my friend :smile:
Reply 6
Got my theory booked soon, sort of in the can't be bothered driving mood again though.

Thinking about getting a risksaw instead.
Reply 7
Urgh, I hate driving. White vans everywhere
Ive had 8 lessons so far.. I'm such a nervous driver and I think I stress myself out too much when Im on the roads.
Have my theory test next week so I really hope I pass! :smile:
Reply 9
My instructors really impressed at my progress, 9th lesson next week, first manouveur (emergency stop).
70 on a dual carriageway today! I was dead chuffed. An improvement on slashing my front nearside tyre on a kerb last week :p:
Good thread idea. =D

Question: Is it better to do theory test sooner or later? I've only had one actual lesson but I've got the disks, the highway code and all that jazz to prepare for the theory.
Reply 11
My theory is on the 14th :smile: I'm looking into getting a car to practice in/go to uni in and I've done 13 hours of lessons so far. Getting good at clutch control and steering, now I need to get more confidence in the manouvres (it would help if I knew how to spell it) and lane discipline, I was never much good that that - road markings ftl :frown:
Reply 12
good luck to everyone who is learning :biggrin: with the theory test personally i would wait till u have a few more lessons altho dosnt harm revising now just the more lessons u have the more u can see situations thro a drivers eyes which is what the theory test is testing u on how u can cope but if u feel ready learn and do it now no law in it good luck anyway xxx
Reply 13
theory test is fine, just gt the driving test sucess CD,only a tenner and it's got everything you need :biggrin:
:^_^: also get a refund if you don't pass ;yes; :biggrin:
ive got my second driving lesson today, im really looking forward to it :biggrin: i'll let you know how it goes
Reply 15
I've got the CD's and a book and I'm passing both sections. S'all goood.
Reply 16
good stuff :biggrin: :^_^:
this mean girl was smirking at me yesterday cus I wonkily bay parked :sad: but then I got in perfect third time so booya to her :proud:
Reply 17
yay im learning...im crap
ahahah
had about 5 lessons
and im only just starting gears..cos my stearing is that bad
:s-smilie:

lol

but imgetting better

roads are soo scary

especially junctions..i havent been at one without stalling yet :P
Reply 18
kateyrib
yay im learning...im crap
ahahah
had about 5 lessons
and im only just starting gears..cos my stearing is that bad
:s-smilie:

lol

but imgetting better

roads are soo scary

especially junctions..i havent been at one without stalling yet :P

awww don't worry it will come :^_^: promise!
ive just got back from my second lesson and it went so well :biggrin: i love driving. I was worried i would have forgotten everything from my first lesson but thankfully i didnt. After driving up and down a long road a couple of times i did a right turn, but it was a bit dodgy because i had my foot on the accelerator :redface: but afterwards they were ok, i drove along this really bendy/windy road with loads of blinds turn which went quite well. Also my instructor had to tell me to slow down a couple of times as well :redface: i remembered to look at the speedometer this time and i was roughly doing 30mph the whole time. Im looking forward to my next lesson but my instructor's going on holidy for 2 weeks so my next lesson wont be until after 28th august :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending