The Student Room Group

Fined for getting stuck in a box junction

Right basically.. I was in fast-ish moving traffic, slowly coming to a stop but still fast, and the cars were moving quickly enough to look like I had enough space to not sit in a box junction. But then they all suddenly stopped and I had a learner in front of me who could have moved forward to let me in, but they didn't so I was stuck in a box junction.

There was a camera, I've seen on Google Maps, which is just my luck, I'm assuming I'm going to get a fine soon.. but what would you do in this situation? I'm guessing people are gonna say 'you should have judged the situation better' but honestly the cars just randomly stopped, I had to emergency brake pretty much.

I'm a new driver as well so that's gonna look bad but I was with my dad and even he said it was a difficult situation and there was nothing I could have done. I wish there was a way of appealing for 'reasonableness' or something, or even smaller fines because I'm a poor student and can't really afford a fine. Sad times.
Reply 1
Hope for the best, and if a ticket comes through challenge it. You were waiting to turn right but didn't signal or there was some kind of emergency like a learner braking suddenly which forced you to brake harshly?
Original post by Muttly
Hope for the best, and if a ticket comes through challenge it. You were waiting to turn right but didn't signal or there was some kind of emergency like a learner braking suddenly which forced you to brake harshly?

I agree.
Its always worth trying to appeal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending