The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

alexa123
hope your theory goes okay, to be honest i didnt really practice that much on hazard perception, just a few free clips was all i did. Aslong as you dont over click and click as soon as you see the hazzard you should be fine.

Cheers for the tip Alexa!! :smile:
Grrr!!

Been trying a few clips..done 2 sets of 14 clips...and in both..there is always one that seems to think I am cheating...not my fault I click for every single hazard...always one that involves school children / school area...!!
do ppl think they sometimes go a bit tooo slow around corners?
ive been told to go reallly slow - sometimes i think im gonna stop before i reach the junction :tongue:

i love reverse parking! :biggrin:
Reply 5663
Yea he makes me go soooooooo slow too :frown:. It's annoying, I had it when everyone slows down behind you, especially coming back to where I live because of the hill everyone speeds down it then gets to me and has to stop so it's a big queue in no time!
I had my second lesson today. I managed to drive home, 5th gear and 55mph :biggrin:. My instructor didn't tell me I was going to do it, so suddenly I was on big roads and panicked a bit but it was ok. I really really can't steer in a straight line, I'm either in the middle of the road, or on the curb.
Original post by G&#949
Grrr!!

Been trying a few clips..done 2 sets of 14 clips...and in both..there is always one that seems to think I am cheating...not my fault I click for every single hazard...always one that involves school children / school area...!!

If theres lots of hazards at once, so lots of kids and cars parked etc. only click once for all of them. I had one in real thin that was a busy street with tonnes of people, i didnt click for all of them otherwise i would have failed.

Most click have only 1 hazard, with one with 2!

x
moody28028
I had my second lesson today. I managed to drive home, 5th gear and 55mph :biggrin:. My instructor didn't tell me I was going to do it, so suddenly I was on big roads and panicked a bit but it was ok. I really really can't steer in a straight line, I'm either in the middle of the road, or on the curb.

Don't worry, you will get it soon, practice makes perfect. Another thing is to try and stay calm, which i know can be hard to do- i really struggled at staying calm but have improved ssoooo much since ive relaxed and become confident in my ability to drive.
xx
moody28028
I really really can't steer in a straight line, I'm either in the middle of the road, or on the curb.

Well i'm sorry, but that made me lol. Over time you will just subconciously keep the car in the correct position.

3 days till test :eek:
Reply 5668
Original post by G&#949
Right....had a chat with my mum..and decided to book it for....*cue scary music* Friday the 13th of this month...

hehe same date as mine!

good luck :smile:
Reply 5669
alexa123
ah same day as my test! :biggrin:
ive done everything just gotta majorly brush up on my learning! :rolleyes:

Rizzletastic
ooh the day before mine

Wow, a cluster of us! Obviously a lucky week..

Did a mock on Friday and failed:p:, 2 serious and 7 minor. But the 2 serious ones were stupid things that i won't be repeating - rigght at the start i pulled out of the car park when i should have waited (but it wasn't dangerous and the other car only had to slow a fraction), and i got into the wrong lane at a roundabout i hadn't done before but i knew as i was doing it that it was wrong. So not amazing but i definitely think i can pass. Reverse round a corner is probably the worst maneuver but it's not shocking. One more lesson tomorrow to polish stuff up and then...:eek:
Reply 5670
Haha, good luck everyone who's taking a test this week! :smile:
Reply 5671
moody28028

I have the exact same problem
Reply 5672
You'll get used to it. You'll be surprised how many qualified drivers do it as well. As long as you don't go out of your lane it's not a problem, they're that wide for a reason :wink:
Thanks Zak.

One thing i must say about my manouvers is they have improved sooo much in this last week from extra practice and ive suddenly become so much calmer which means i do them slower and they have all been pretty much perfect. My instructor said when i do manouvers such as RRC to open my window slightly, remembering to still do observations but as you can hear the road it will help hear if a car is coming too.
Does anyone on here have a test tomorrow? :p:
Or did... anyway.
My instructor told me last week that right reverse round a corner isn't in the test anymore so doesn't matter lol.
k823127
My instructor told me last week that right reverse round a corner isn't in the test anymore so doesn't matter lol.

I had one on my test on Saturday :eyeball: And as we drove off another guy on a test came to the same corner.
I thought it was only left RRC, i havent practiced it on a right hand corner, doesnt make sense as you'd be on the wrong side of the road??
I think it depends. Say you're on a test and the corner they wanted is taken then they might. It all depends on where the corner is, how long left you have on your test, if your test centre does bay parks....

Mine was actually right, but the guy after me started on the left corner. We were deep in the countryside, though.
Reply 5679
You would never ever need to do a RRC to the right on UK roads, so it's very strange they made you do it...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending