The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I did a turn in the road today nearly by myself :p: it went a lot better than before cos I have the best driving instructor now. Woo!
Reply 41
pikaboo
I did a turn in the road today nearly by myself :p: it went a lot better than before cos I have the best driving instructor now. Woo!

Oooo well done!
:^_^: turn in the road ftw!
reverse around the corner for the loss :sadnod:
my first attempt at a right turn was awful :redface: lol
Reply 43
kitty_koo
my first attempt at a right turn was awful :redface: lol

me too, I stalled like four times :proud:
I didn't like steering back in those days :teeth:
my instructor did push me in at the deep end though coz i hadnt even done a left turn! :p: my steering's still a bit wonky, is anyone else not sure when they driving if they are in the middle of the lane or are maybe a bit too far over? or is it just me :redface:
Reply 45
kitty_koo
my instructor did push me in at the deep end though coz i hadnt even done a left turn! :p:

:ditto: hehe :redface: my instructor now is the best ;yes;
im just glad there were no cars round to see it :redface: lol
Reply 47
hehe bless you :biggrin:
Reply 48
Who hates push pull steering?? I just can't get the hang of it and would rather spin the wheel! It takes for ever to steer around a corner aswel!
Reply 49
maybe if u do big swings of the wheel wouldnt take so long? never thought about it always have done that its safer having more control of the car thats why u cant cross ur arms altho i occiasionally do when in a rush
Reply 50
rozzy
Who hates push pull steering?? I just can't get the hang of it and would rather spin the wheel! It takes for ever to steer around a corner aswel!

It's quicker IMO actually ;yes; you'll get the hang :biggrin: :hugs: it'll come in time
I'm Learning.

Well i say learning, i think i pretty much know everything, been doing leasons for about a year, got my test booked in a few weeks too.

My instructor says, im a very good driver, when i keep my "habits" under control.

My instructor threw me in the deep end on the turn in the road, he took me to a little street and said, "this is a lot narrower then any road you will have to turn in on your test" from what i remember though, first time i got it but touched the kurb a little, 2nd i nailed it.

My instructor is great, these days its just me driving us around, sometimes showing him routes, which he uses for other people now >_< and just chatting.
Reply 52
Just had my 7th lesson :biggrin: Went alright, did lots more roundabouts. Apparently I'm driving way too fast then I should so gotta slow down! Manuveurs next :biggrin:

Ohh and I stalled again! Haven't had a single lesson where I haven't stalled once yet :frown:
Reply 53
rozzy
Just had my 7th lesson :biggrin: Went alright, did lots more roundabouts. Apparently I'm driving way too fast then I should so gotta slow down! Manuveurs next :biggrin:

Ohh and I stalled again! Haven't had a single lesson where I haven't stalled once yet :frown:

dont worry i was like that up to my 10th lesson its just getting used to the car and its bites dont worry :P
Reply 54
I attempted the 3 point turn today for the first time...

Lets just say it needs a bit of practise but i seem to have stopped stalling.
iodine
I attempted the 3 point turn today for the first time...

Lets just say it needs a bit of practise but i seem to have stopped stalling.

You'll probably find that starting to learn the manoeuvres will help you loads with clutch control/finding the biting point and that should end up being reflected in your general driving with you not stalling as much and being better at hill starts and things.

At least that's what I found anyway.
Second lesson tomorrow. =S

Gonna get my mother to take me somewhere quiet to practice tonight because I can't remember how to drive anymore! It's all gone! =o
<(+_+)>
Second lesson tomorrow. =S

Gonna get my mother to take me somewhere quiet to practice tonight because I can't remember how to drive anymore! It's all gone! =o

i felt like that before my second lesson last week but when i got in the car and turned the engine on it all came back, you'll be fine :hugs:
Reply 58
Yay! Did reversing around a corner today for the first time. Went well, for some reason i find it easier than a turn in the road. Not much left to do now. Just polishing up my driving and doing the parking manoveors. I've done 24 hours so far.
Reply 59

turn in the road has become second nature to me , rrc,pp and bay parking are coming to me slowly. Haha I drovwe to my nans with mum today and I rolled back on a hill..whoops :blushing: :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending