The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by &#9829
I'm gonna ignore what you did to me in your boiler(:dontknow:) :hmmm:

:flute: o.....k
Reply 781
Passed my theory today!! Booking practical later or tomorrow. Getting scary now, i'm gonna be driving soon :s-smilie:

How's everyone?
Lessons going ok?
Reply 782
Well done on passing :smile:

I have a lesson in half an hour. My instructor thought it would be good for me to have one at 3.30pm to get used to having a bit of pressure on me! :rolleyes: After my last lesson where whenever I stopped I stalled (idiocy) but I was quite lucky and most of the time didn't have to stop at roundabouts, open junctions, etc. So he said I have to stop being lucky or we're going to keep going out at busier times lol.

Also going down to 1hr lessons today, should be interesting! Will feel like I've just started then will be time to go home!

Test is 2 weeks today :eek:
Reply 783
scary ****e! :biggrin:
Reply 784
I wonder if nnuk(or whatever his name is[sorry]) has passed. Hope he has :biggrin:.
Reply 785
I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. What time was his test do you know?
Reply 786
oh ****e:frown:. Check the "The ultimate I failed my driving test" thread.
Reply 787
Righteo I'm off to stand in my living room to wait for my lesson. Let's see how many motorists I can piss off today hehe :biggrin:

See you all later!

Oh poop just realised I'm going to the gym straight after, must get my stuff ready. BUGGER!! ARGH. :redface:
Reply 788
nnkuk
I must be the only learner in the world driving a car without a rev meter.

Nope, I also drove a car without a rev meter when I was a learner, and I got by. I didn't even know cars had rev meters lol :redface:
In fact, my own car doesn't even have a rev meter.
Reply 789
~Kirsty~
If you have any friends who have learnt to drive, ask them about their instructor. I've been very lucky and both instructors I have had have been ace. Sometimes its worth paying a little more, since some instructors teach very slowly. You won't know until you've had a few lessons though - so go with the one you've seen, and try it out for a few weeks, if you get on great then i would continue with them.

AA and BSM prices for me were well over £20 with discounts.

I've just booked my test - 12th December! arrrggh! I didn't think i would be test ready till January! :smile:

OK, thanks. I'll do what you said and give them a go. Maybe I would have gone with someone who charged £20 but at the moment, money's my problem.
Reply 790
I pay £18 a lesson, as I've mentioned. Yesterday I booked my last block of lessons which will take me up to my test (so hopefully will be my last!!). Didn't book the set amount that I need to book to get the discounts, I just booked 8hrs, so that should have been £20 per hour.

But he charges me the £18 per hour. Which comes to £144, and so he goes "Well just call it £140", so taking them to £17.50 per hour lol! I love the guy - I book hardly any lessons and he gives me them for cheaper!! :biggrin:
Reply 791
Sashioni
OK, thanks. I'll do what you said and give them a go. Maybe I would have gone with someone who charged £20 but at the moment, money's my problem.

Well the cost isn't as much an issue with me, (21st birthday present) although i don't think my parents would fork out more than £20 an hour. A lot of the pricing depends on area - at home, Barnsley South Yorkshire, i paid £15, but in Edinburgh a reasonable rate is about £18-20.
Reply 792
dobbs
I pay £18 a lesson, as I've mentioned. Yesterday I booked my last block of lessons which will take me up to my test (so hopefully will be my last!!). Didn't book the set amount that I need to book to get the discounts, I just booked 8hrs, so that should have been £20 per hour.

But he charges me the £18 per hour. Which comes to £144, and so he goes "Well just call it £140", so taking them to £17.50 per hour lol! I love the guy - I book hardly any lessons and he gives me them for cheaper!! :biggrin:

Lucky - I pay for 2 hours at a time, or a lesson in advance. His student prices are £20 for 1 hour, or his 2 hour lessons are £40 to anyone... Block booking he didn't give a student discount either. But i like him, so I'm not complaining and hes good at what he does... If i fail my test now... hehe!
Reply 793
Just driven 10 miles in a car that drives itself. Very interesting indeed trying to control a run away car round a round about :frown:
Reply 794
AT82
Just driven 10 miles in a car that drives itself. Very interesting indeed trying to control a run away car round a round about :frown:

:confused: Explain....?
Reply 795
:ditto:
Reply 796
The car over revs every time you change gear and every time you take the foot of the throttle it dosn't loose power. So you have far too much throttle preasure than you should have. Its only really a problem at round abouts as its fine once upto to speed. You can imagine that is not ideal learning conditions though.
Reply 797
The car over revs every time you change gear and every time you take the foot of the throttle it dosn't loose power. So you have far too much throttle preasure than you should have. Its only really a problem at round abouts as its fine once upto to speed. You can imagine that is not ideal learning conditions though.
Reply 798
no thats not great for learning...
Second lesson tomorrow! Neeervous.... :redface:

Have done acceleration, clutch control, basic steering & breaking so far. Seems to be going well. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending