The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Oh crap , crap crap crap crap...
I missed my appointment today... Thought it was driving instructors mistake but it was me not being able to read.. :frown:
Such an idiot..

She's soo gonna fine me for it! :frown: I know it. ********.
Reply 9241
My driving instructor would never fine me, even if I cancelled 10 mins before.
Reply 9242
CJN
My driving instructor would never fine me, even if I cancelled 10 mins before.

Neither would mine :smile:
Once I had a lesson at 11am but was convinced it was at 1pm. So my instructor turned up outside my house and I was still in the shower :o: He didn't mind and just came back when I was ready. What a guy.
C274
Neither would mine :smile:
Once I had a lesson at 11am but was convinced it was at 1pm. So my instructor turned up outside my house and I was still in the shower :o: He didn't mind and just came back when I was ready. What a guy.

Haha this actually made me chuckle. :biggrin:
Mine wasnt THAT pissed but she didnt mention anything about the fee so im hopeful.. :rolleyes: Plus i ve NEVER done this before and never been late.

Hows driving goign with you btw?? Whens next test?
i'm learning :biggrin:
on my third lesson - love it! aiming to pass by february *fingers crossed!*
Test in 2 hours :s-smilie: I drove the worst I had ever done yesterday; would have got about 7 dangerous if it were my test. So not going to pass this...
Reply 9246
Passed my theory today, hooray! :biggrin:

That's the easy bit over, now it's business time...
Does anyone know how much of a difference it would make if I had an older version of the DSA Theory book as opposed to the current version?
Reply 9248
Alisa25
Haha this actually made me chuckle. :biggrin:
Mine wasnt THAT pissed but she didnt mention anything about the fee so im hopeful.. :rolleyes: Plus i ve NEVER done this before and never been late.

Hows driving goign with you btw?? Whens next test?

Yeah, I was the same so that's probably why he didn't mind.

Me? Not bad, not bad...first test on the 19th!
Can i ask you guys something? Right, i've seen people failing for not putting clutch down on emergency stop - however when i've done the emergency stop with my instructor, i've only ever pressed the brake! My instructor's car has ABS (Anti-lock braking system) - so i guess that's why?
Reply 9250
that is confusing. I just read someone faile for pressing the clutch down during emergency stop..

what is correc?
Reply 9251
seablue
that is confusing. I just read someone faile for pressing the clutch down during emergency stop..

what is correc?

You should only put down the clutch right when your almost stopped - if you do it too early then yes your doing it wrong and could fail.
Right guys, I am out of here for a while. Off to uni next week, and then will pick this up again in December, hoping I haven't forgotten everything. Test 2 in early January...
Test in an hour!! Kind of excited.
Reply 9254
My instructor made me drive out to a village today which took my double lesson, too return some keys to a pupil before who left them. This was instead of doing maneoruvres we were supposed to do . Is this normal?
Reply 9255
abdeshaw
My instructor made me drive out to a village today which took my double lesson, too return some keys to a pupil before who left them. This was instead of doing maneoruvres we were supposed to do . Is this normal?

No, he should do that in his own time, unless it is on the way to where your going anyway (eg. I've got a 20 min drive to the town I practice in, so if it was on the way then fair enough).

But in this case I would complain to him, you will have gotten almost nothing out of it so definitely complain - there are always other instructors.
Reply 9256
university has stopped me from driving :frown:
Just got back from my first lesson since failing last week.

Instructor had to press the brake pedal twice! Once was cos i was turning right, and he thought i was gonna go straight through when there were oncoming cars - ok, so i thought i'd seen a filter light. :o: The other was because i hadn't checked my blindspot properly - i got 3 minors for this on my test last week, so he's trying to drum it in to me!

Once apparently, i didn't look in my mirror when i'd braked. He told me to pull up and i went and did - brake, mirrors, signal. Whereas i should have done - mirrors, brake, mirrors, signal.

He said my manouevres are great now, we did them all today, so he's got no issues with them. He just said that i can be over cautious at times, and that my weaker areas is deffinately when there's traffic around.

You feel ***** when they've had to press the brakes, like you're the only person in the world to have that happen to them or something! :p:
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Just got back from my first lesson since failing last week.

Instructor had to press the brake pedal twice! Once was cos i was turning right, and he thought i was gonna go straight through when there were oncoming cars - ok, so i thought i'd seen a filter light. :o: The other was because i hadn't checked my blindspot properly - i got 3 minors for this on my test last week, so he's trying to drum it in to me!

Once apparently, i didn't look in my mirror when i'd braked. He told me to pull up and i went and did - brake, mirrors, signal. Whereas i should have done - mirrors, brake, mirrors, signal.

He said my manouevres are great now, we did them all today, so he's got no issues with them. He just said that i can be over cautious at times, and that my weaker areas is deffinately when there's traffic around.

You feel ***** when they've had to press the brakes, like you're the only person in the world to have that happen to them or something! :tongue::

Ha ha I feel like that too, but only twice is quite good. My instructor says I'm a good driver but still seems to use the brakes at most lights anyway :s-smilie:

Got my test booked for the 11th of November!! Not too far away that I'll get impatient but not too close that I'll fail :p: I had a little panic 'cause I'd lost my theory pass certificate but I rang up and they were soooo nice, gave me the number over the phone so I could book my test straight away and arranged to send me my certificate within 10 days :biggrin:

My driving lesson last night was apparently good, I didn't think so but my instructor said it was the best drive I'd ever had so :woo: Except at the end I forgot to put it in neutral before I moved my seat back (and therefore taking my foot off the clutch) which gave my instructor a bit of a shock when the car jumped forward and stalled :o:
Reply 9259
I haven't had him do the break down since the last lesson.

But on the way to town last Monday there is a Slow sign, and the sign for a tight turn - he tells me I can make it round at 50/60 but I break a little and he holds the break pedal up with his foot underneath it :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending