The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
chocolateflake99
I'm wanting to book my test,is it acceptable to phone my instructor on a Saturday to make sure the time I book is OK?

N.B has he agreed you're test ready?
Yep he told me to book it this week...earliest I can get is January though,grr.
Reply 982
chocolateflake99
Yep he told me to book it this week...earliest I can get is January though,grr.

when is your next lesson? i'm sure it's ok to just tell him next lesson most ADI's dont book lessons too far in advance for this reason :]
Nope, he asked me to call him because he has some 'driver improvement courses' and so on sooo...I just was paranoid about disturbing him on a Saturday but meh.I want to book now, I'm a keen bean! Next lesson is Wednesday.
Reply 984
Oh right fair enough maybe text him then?:smile:
I'll phone, at least I can get a reply there and then...texting is a bit meh. Thanks for your help!
Reply 986
You can always change it....you've got until 5 working days before your test to change or cancel it without having to pay for another one. So you can book it, then just change it :smile:
Oops he was in London,hahaha.
Reply 988
hehe - I would book, and then check if its ok at your next lesson, if not, book a different day.
Had my 4th lesson today!
It was pretty good actually, did junctions, and also think i improved on my clutch control, mainly cos i understand it more now.

also got cut up again, this time not as badly, but by a eddie stobart lorry...but thanks to you guys i kept pretty calm and just moved out of the way, not stalling or anything :biggrin:
I have my 3rd lesson tommorow and he said he wants to take me to a large carpark probably tescos after closing so that i can really get to grips with turning and changing gear and what have you in a large open space. But after telling this to my friend shes really worried that hes gona do something.. if you know what i mean; going to a carpark at 5:00 in the dark after everywhere is closed. So im kinda scared now.
Reply 991
I think your friend is just over reacting abit(carry keys just incase and a phone:smile:) you will have to learn in a car park someday(if you need to do bay park)

his only taking you on a car park to gain your confidence in the car rather then driving on the streets were other traffic are there and theres loads of pressure

Goodluck:smile:
I've recently booked my test... just over a month from now, which is on my bday. I'm starting to think whether this was such a great idea though, sounded really good at the time :p:
Reply 993
~cherrykisses~
I have my 3rd lesson tommorow and he said he wants to take me to a large carpark probably tescos after closing so that i can really get to grips with turning and changing gear and what have you in a large open space. But after telling this to my friend shes really worried that hes gona do something.. if you know what i mean; going to a carpark at 5:00 in the dark after everywhere is closed. So im kinda scared now.

It would be rare. Its a good experience to have the car in an open space, plus he will probably teach you bay park. If hes going to do something i think he would be more likely to take you on a open country road. Honestly, if he was that sort of person he wouldn't have any business, since no one would pass their tests with him!
Reply 994
~cherrykisses~

No offence intended to your friend, but she's an idiot :rolleyes: Seriously what a stupid thing to suggest!!! Go to any supermarket car park at any time of the day and you're likely to see learner drivers driving around getting to grips of the controls, and certainly bay parking. Plus, although it's closed there will still be staff around and generally you'd be in a quite public area still.

I know people have to be careful these days, but your friend suggesting that that could happen is pretty much disgusting. You mightaswell be careful when you get on a bloody bus just in case there's no other passengers on and the bus driver kidnaps you; or that evil gas man who comes in to check your meter then burns your house down :rolleyes: Well done for her making you even more nervous than you already will be during your lessons...because as much as we can say it won't happen, you're still going to have it in the back of your mind now.

I hope you tell her that it was stupid of her to suggest that.
Reply 995
your friend sounds like a freaking dumbass.
Doesn't she realise that all ADI's are extensively CRB checked before becoming approved etc to avoid any chance of this and then rechecked every year?
Reply 996
Had a driving lesson yesterday. Was scheduled for 2 hours but in the first hour we'd done everything and he said my driving was flawless so we ended it there :biggrin:

Went for a drive with my mum also today, got stuck behind the worst driver I'd ever seen. they were going 30 on a national speed limit, and they SLOWED down when trying to join the A34 when I was behind so I had to slow down! Turns out it was a little old lady at the wheel...And it was a rover 25. Then a mile later I got stuck behind this old man doing 60 on the dual carriage-way. That really pisses me off. I think that today must be international drive like an idiot day.

That old lady was an even worse driver than the guy who I saw doing a powerslide round a roundabout in my opinion...I can't believe these people have licenses.

Test on tuesday, 2nd attempt, wish me luck :smile:
namtlade
Had a driving lesson yesterday. Was scheduled for 2 hours but in the first hour we'd done everything and he said my driving was flawless so we ended it there :biggrin:

Went for a drive with my mum also today, got stuck behind the worst driver I'd ever seen. they were going 30 on a national speed limit, and they SLOWED down when trying to join the A34 when I was behind so I had to slow down! Turns out it was a little old lady at the wheel...And it was a rover 25. Then a mile later I got stuck behind this old man doing 60 on the dual carriage-way. That really pisses me off. I think that today must be international drive like an idiot day.

That old lady was an even worse driver than the guy who I saw doing a powerslide round a roundabout in my opinion...I can't believe these people have licenses.

grr! drivers like that really annoy me :mad: dont get my started on the old people who whinge about young people being crap drivers when there are loads of old people who are even more dangerous on the road and shouldnt still be driving!

/rant over *deep breath*
Reply 998
Hehe, I hate old drivers too. They're quite often terrible. I forgot about another one who was turning into this hotel and was at a crawl trying to turn into it. It wasn't a small gate or anything. Don't understand that.

And also all these old people tend to drive rovers, anybody else noticed that?
Reply 999
namtlade

Ooooh what time? I have my first attempt on Tuesday :biggrin: 1.33pm eek! :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending